The Susanne: Multifamily At 3833 Dunlavy St.

sevfiv

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TOWER OF TRAFFIC!!!!! :rolleyes:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I just thought it would great if someone would draw a cartoon of this and turn it into a gif. it being constructed floor by floor, then it grows the eyes and arms and starts grabbing houses and people and eats them. Sorry, back to the modest apartments which will make great infill with an okay design.

Took notice of this for the first time driving by. Was wondering what was going to become of this site when I first saw the old grocery store that had been everything from a Fiesta, to a Halloween Spirit, back in time when it was a Safeway and AppleTree.

Only thing I'm wondering is, who is Suzanne and why are we naming an apartment complex after her?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Progress on the Suzanne this was taken 3/13. If you look in the background around the stair tower where they are constructing the apartments you will notice goal post shaped structural systems to support the floors I guess. I haven't seen this kind of structural elements used for this type of project before so I'm not sure.

post-7092-0-77995200-1394911784_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

That's it!

They must be searching for a suspect. I was at Brasil and later went to Agoras. Dozens of cop cars have been speeding from the site with their lights on down Dunlavy and Westheimer. Two nearly crashed into each other when one came speeding down Westheimer towards Montrose and the other was coming down Dunlavy towards West Gray. Last I checked, West Alabama is still shut down.

Archived