Willowbend Missing 2 Streets?

DJboutit

I use to have a old Houston street map from the early to mid 70s and the map showed 2 more streets in willowbend post oak manor. These 2 street were the next 2 street south of warm springs where the private school is now. Where there really 2 more street south of warm springs if so what where the names of these 2 streets & happened to them. On the big field where the school is now what use to be on this site? I am looking for old picture of this field if anybody have any thx

Edited by DJboutit

• 1 year later...

An old way of copy writing street maps was to add short streets that do not exist. Usually these are dead ends, short extensions of existing streets, or short streets connecting two other streets. Sometimes they would be given fake names, sometimes not due to the short length.

An old way of copy writing street maps was to add short streets that do not exist. Usually these are dead ends, short extensions of existing streets, or short streets connecting two other streets. Sometimes they would be given fake names, sometimes not due to the short length.

I've heard that before as well.  In some cases (viz Brunsville) non-existent streets show up on maps for years.

As my parents have lived on Spellman since 1958, the "world" of my childhood ended at Warm Springs.  It has been open field behind it as long as they have been there.  My dad is looking forward to the Willow Waterhole to be expanded to that side of Post Oak.