Off-Street Parking Ordinance

samagon

didn't see this yet listed here, and I haven't heard about it until this morning myself, but apparently this is being discussed.

http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/DevelopRegs/offstreet/index.html

The Houston Planning Commission is examining off-street parking issues and whether changes to Chapter 26 of the Code of Ordinance are needed. The first step in the process was a series of community meetings held in April 2010. Public input was gathered for identifying the challenges and issues surrounding off-street parking requirements. Some of the topics that were discussed included, but were not limited to, shared parking, parking management areas, types of occupancy and intensity of use (i.e. bars, types of restaurants, etc.), parking incentives for development along transit corridors or for restoration of historic buildings, lifts and valet parking.

A Community Meeting was held in October 2011 to present the Planning Commission Subcommittee Recommendations. To view a copy of the Planning Commission Subcommittee Recommendation Report, pleaseclick here. To view the October 10, 2011 Community Meeting Presentation, please click here.

A public hearing on the proposed ordinance amendments will be held by the Houston Planning Commission on Thursday, November 10, 2011. The information for this meeting is provided below.

looks like they discussed on NPR this morning cause there was a meeting yesterday on the subject.

Archived