Audi Central Houston At 2120 Southwest Fwy.

According to my salesman, Momentum Audi is going to be building a new 7-story dealership between Farnham and S Shepherd at 59 (the area behind 59 Diner) -- construction to start sometime in 2012 with completion in 2013

Cool. It'll probably be hard to park over there too, just like it currently is. If you have a salesman, perhaps you have an Audi? If so, welcome to the four-ring community.

Cool. It'll probably be hard to park over there too, just like it currently is. If you have a salesman, perhaps you have an Audi? If so, welcome to the four-ring community.

My salesman said "We will actually have parking" since they don't really have any now.....

...and yes, I have an Audi -- an A5.....love it !!

• 5 months later...
I want an Audi now....that is beautiful!

My wife and I are big Audi fans. They are pretty solid cars and well priced for their segment. We had an A3 and now we have a Q5. Beautiful building. Can't wait to see it.

Edit: My wife told me she'd talked with the staff. The 2nd-floor showroom faces the freeway, so people stuck in traffic can peer in at the new Audis. This was inspired by the success of the new Advantage BMW dealership in Midtown.

Looks pretty cool. I just hope that something else goes in place of the Momentum dealership that it's replacing (which is just blocks away). Hopefully the current Momentum dealership on Richmond won't become and empty lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a more clear rendering:

audi-2120-rendering.jpg

Expect to see workers moving dirt on the 1.5-acre site at the northeast corner of Greenbriar and 59 within the next few weeks; the city’s planning commission last week voted to approve a variance granting permission for a 7-story auto dealership building at 2120 Southwest Fwy. to poke a few feet further toward Greenbriar (at left in the above rendering) than regulations allow. The result: the country’s largest — and tallest — flagship Audi dealership, featuring a 2-story car display case on the corner of the third and fourth levels that’ll bring the latest models up to eye level for drivers on the raised freeway who aren’t looking where they’re going.

http://swamplot.com/7-story-southwest-freeway-audi-dealership-gets-go-ahead-will-split-momentum/2012-05-14/#more-41181

• Like 1

Must be the 99%, they're probably BMW haters. :D

Doubt it, since the majority of BMWs are leased (according to this article from 2007, 85.3% of 7 Series were leased). Which tells me that most of the folks driving BMWs are the 99% but want to appear to be in the 1%.

Doubt it, since the majority of BMWs are leased (according to this article from 2007, 85.3% of 7 Series were leased). Which tells me that most of the folks driving BMWs are the 99% but want to appear to be in the 1%.

BMW does have great lease deals. Driving a BMW doesn't get you anywhere near the appearance of the 1% though. BMWs are ordinary cars for everday people. That doesn't mean that the OWS 99%er people don't hate them though.

Maybe. I have a relative that's a millionaire and he leases.

It's my understanding that most very high end cars are leases because many of them are corporate leases as perks for executives, or high net worth people who don't want to bother with selling or trading every 2 years.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to start a new thread so I figured this was close enough in proximity to ask...Does anyone know what is going on across 59 on Shepard?

I passed by today and they are pretty far along on building something. I forgot the name of the company on the fence, but it was CW ...something like that. A

Anyway there is a pretty deep hole being formed. Any information is appreciated!

• 2 months later...

You'd be surprised what the 1%-ers really drive.

Most Popular Cars Sold in America's Wealthiest Zip Codes

Rank Make/Model Segment MSRP* Market Average** % Discount

from MSRP†

1 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Luxury Car $51,365 $48,068 6.4%

2 BMW 328 Luxury Car $35,795 $34,461 3.7%

3 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Luxury Car $36,095 $34,144 5.4%

4 Lexus RX Luxury SUV $39,950 $37,628 5.8%

5 Toyota Prius Small Car $30,565 $29,525 3.4%

6 Volkswagen Jetta Small Car $26,085 $24,978 4.2%

7 Honda CR-V Midsize SUV $29,575 $28,875 2.4%

8 Honda Accord Midsize Car $23,070 $21,210 8.1%

9 Toyota Camry Midsize Car $25,535 $23,871 6.5%