• 4 months later...

Do you think they will bring the patio up to the corner of the sidewalk. That would make for some great visibility

Especially with the thought of live music each night.

It will give the Aloft Hotel guest another option too.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I tried it. It was okay.

Decent beer selection, very small menu that's about 10% interesting, lousy cocktail menu. Also, some of the prices on the beer were reasonable and others were wildly expensive. Buried Hatchet was $7 for a pint or $9 for imperial pint. Convict Hill Stout was $9/$11.

It has a beautiful patio. They have a flame throwing fountain running at night.

Edited by kylejack
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, but the term 'Gastro Pub' is so disgusting that I won't set foot in any place that describes itself as such. Back in the day, before foodies took over the world, and 'enlightened' beer drinkers blindly followed them, we had another term for these places...bar and grill. Some of my trendy friends had an even trendier name for them...restaurants. Of course, that was back before cool people had iPhones that could post their location on Facebook, so lame terms like that sufficed.

I'm sorry, but the term 'Gastro Pub' is so disgusting that I won't set foot in any place that describes itself as such. Back in the day, before foodies took over the world, and 'enlightened' beer drinkers blindly followed them, we had another term for these places...bar and grill. Some of my trendy friends had an even trendier name for them...restaurants. Of course, that was back before cool people had iPhones that could post their location on Facebook, so lame terms like that sufficed.

So, let me sure that I've got this right. You won't set foot in this restaurant because of the name, but you would eat at it if it went by a different name regardless of the food that is actually served there?

Congrats! You're not trendy, but that sounds just as pretentious as the trendy people!

• Like 2

Actions have consequences. Describe your establishment with a ghastly term, and some people won't go there. History is littered with companies that crashed and burned with the wrong name. Hey, if it works for you and kyle, more power to ya. You won't have to fight me for a seat. I'll be at the Heights Walmart instead.

Some words lose their significance over time. Mixologist is a goofy thing to call someone, but the trouble is that bartender is a meaningless word these days. Most 'bartenders' need to tell you what the ingredients are for classic drinks. But they sure can handle a drink with the ingredients in the name, like a rum and coke! It's sad.

i think it is a really great hang out place and the food was PRETTY good...glad the menu is a work in progress but in general love having a new place walking distance from my condo that feels lively, fun and cool and has an awesome outdoor patio. All in all i will be there often to support this new local business and hope to see some of you there. (ps...yes the service can be slow but its a new place and our waitress was super nice)

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Uptown Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming
  • The title was changed to Uptown Restaurant And Bar Market