Memorial Hermann Hospital Sugar Land Campus

The Memorial-Hermann Hospital in Sugarland in being built. There is a rumour that a lot of the staff will transfer from the TMC location to the Sugarland location. Any one have any architecture information on the new facility?

We would like to post that information on http://www.sugarlandinfo.net

Thanks.

Memorial-Hermann Staff

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

Here are the renderings for the hospital.

"Memorial Hermann announces $93 Million expansion of Sugar Land Hospital"

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/sugar_land/news/memorial-hermann-announces-million-expansion-of-sugar-land-hospital/article_3fc24154-558f-54ed-9afe-2f9c9c26f67a.html

gbnlAfm.jpg

07Hy4Zu.jpg

Edited by TowerSpotter
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

its a great hospital.  Stumbled upon this post.  They have a great staff and very clean building.  Parking is very convenient also.

Very close to my work at http://www.johnnychenseo.com.  A question i do have though is when is this expansion going to happen?  I know Sugar Land and Houston is one of the biggest health service provider for medicine and medicine technology.  What will be in the expansion plan?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to whoever did the clean-up work!

I'm wondering when another expansion will take place.

In the intervening years since the start of the thread, this particular intersection (especially this side of the Southwest Freeway & Grand Parkway) has started to fill in. A number of restaurants and a large multi level storage facility are there now. At this time, there's also a 5-story Home2 Suites under construction directly across from the hospital and the widening of the freeway is getting closer to winding down.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Memorial Hermann Hospital Sugar Land Campus
  • 2 years later...

I guess that it's not going to line the River Falls end of the property if it's adding a triangular parking lot (per the project filing).  

That will probably be added at the opposite grassy end.  If it's a concrete tilt-wall building with five equal floor shells, then the building itself will have a footprint of about 135000/5 or 27,000 square feet.

I wonder what that will leave available for the site's stormwater runoff detention from ALL that impermeable cover.

Seems like they have to store the runoff somewhere.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...