West University Colonial Park Pool At 4130 Byron St.

blue92

Does anyone know anything about this swimming pool that's North off Bellarie Blvd. It looks like it's now an indoor tennis courts.

Picture9.png

That's Colonial Park, a West University Place city park. The pool in hte photo was built between 1944 and 1953, as it appears on the 1953 Google Earth aerial, but not the 1944. There's a different pool there now.

That's Colonial Park, a West University Place city park. The pool in hte photo was built between 1944 and 1953, as it appears on the 1953 Google Earth aerial, but not the 1944. There's a different pool there now.

Thanks, I came across it while searching for a Southland Corp. sub-office. In 1968 I worked for 7-11. The store I was working at was a 24 hour store and we sold a lot of sodas, but we only had one iced drink box that we had to reload like 8 times a day. My store manager noticed one day that that West University office had a bunch of the boxes just standing at he side of the building. So after weeks of no response for our request me and the manager just drove his pickup over there and loaded 6 boxes up. We kept 2 of the boxes and gave the rest to 2 other stores in our district. I found this pool but didn't find the office. It was a pretty big pool about 2 3rds the size of Gateway.

• 10 years later...
  • The title was changed to 2