Ruby Tequila's Mexican Kitchen At 2616 Louisiana St.

fatesdisastr

I know that the topic of Ruby Tequila's is elsewhere on HAIF but not in the midtown section. I've been to the Ruby Tequila's in Lubbock, Texas numerous times. always a great place to grab tex-mex. i hope this one doesnt disappoint.

Opening is planned for October 19th.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

new pictures from this evening

louisiana street side view:

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

restaurant front and parking lot view:

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

main entrance:

IMG_3382.jpg

back side of the restaurant:

IMG_3384.jpg

the restaurant is quite large, it sure doesnt look it but it is. the parking lot is quite small, but factoring in the amount of street side parking as well as extra parking behind the restaurant. and vacant lot across the street. I hope parking wont be as bad.

as a side note, i wonder how Ruby Tequila's will fair with El Patio just 2 blocks north

i recall the margarita's were quite good at the lubbock location. i hope this restaurant becomes a pleasant hit

Edited by fatesdisastr

I've eaten at the one in Lubbuttocks, and I feel no great desire to go to another. I've only eaten there once, but I learned all I need to know about the place when I ordered chile rellenos and got a bland stuffed bell pepper instead of a spicy stuffed poblano pepper. It's not my cup o' tea.

But I'm sure it'll fit right in in Midtown.

Edited by AtticaFlinch

I've eaten at the one in Lubbuttocks, and I feel no great desire to go to another. I've only eaten there once, but I learned all I need to know about the place when I ordered chile rellenos and got a bland stuffed bell pepper instead of a spicy stuffed poblano pepper. It's not my cup o' tea.

But I'm sure it'll fit right in in Midtown.

Looks like just another franchise, too many other locally owned TexMex places in Houston to support "the man"......

• 2 weeks later...

I think the opening has been moved up to next, Monday, Oct 12th according to the sign I saw outside the business...I will be there opening night! Our other Mexican restaurants just aren't exactly what I'm looking for...one is too pricey and crowded and the other has bad service and just "ok" food....

Ruby Tequila's Rewards Program:

Ruby Tequila's has a rewards program that'll keep you coming back formore! Current members, click to log in to the right. Want to be amember? Check out the membership benefits below, then signup with thelink on the right!

Benefits of Membership:

Points: $1.00 = 1 point. 100 points = a $10.00 reward.Point rewards will be applied on the following business day and willexpire 1 year from the date of issue.

$5.00 Signup Bonus : After registering yourGuest Rewards card your $5.00 bonus will be loaded on your card. It isavailable for redemption on the following business day. This rewardwill expire after 60 days.

$10.00 Birthday Reward : On the first day ofthe month of your birthday, your $10.00 reward will automatically beloaded on your card. Your benefit must be redeemed by the last day ofthe month of your birthday or your reward will expire.

$10.00 Anniversary Reward : On the first dayof the month of your anniversary date with our program $10.00 willautomatically be loaded to your rewards card. This reward will expireon the last day of the month of your anniversary.

Double Lunch Points: We give double points atlunch Monday-Friday 11:00-4:00. This applies to dine in meals only.Take-out and catering do not accrue double points. Double points willbe applied to your card on the following business day.

Special Offers for Guest Rewards Members: Wewill be sending out special offers that are only available to ourrewards club members. These offers will come fromrewardsprogram@rubytequilas.com. Please add this address to your safelist.

Ruby Tequila's Rewards Program:

Ruby Tequila's has a rewards program that'll keep you coming back formore! Current members, click to log in to the right. Want to be amember? Check out the membership benefits below, then signup with thelink on the right!

Benefits of Membership:

Points: $1.00 = 1 point. 100 points = a $10.00 reward.Point rewards will be applied on the following business day and willexpire 1 year from the date of issue.

$5.00 Signup Bonus : After registering yourGuest Rewards card your $5.00 bonus will be loaded on your card. It isavailable for redemption on the following business day. This rewardwill expire after 60 days.

$10.00 Birthday Reward : On the first day ofthe month of your birthday, your $10.00 reward will automatically beloaded on your card. Your benefit must be redeemed by the last day ofthe month of your birthday or your reward will expire.

$10.00 Anniversary Reward : On the first dayof the month of your anniversary date with our program $10.00 willautomatically be loaded to your rewards card. This reward will expireon the last day of the month of your anniversary.

Double Lunch Points: We give double points atlunch Monday-Friday 11:00-4:00. This applies to dine in meals only.Take-out and catering do not accrue double points. Double points willbe applied to your card on the following business day.

Special Offers for Guest Rewards Members: Wewill be sending out special offers that are only available to ourrewards club members. These offers will come fromrewardsprogram@rubytequilas.com. Please add this address to your safelist.

This totally sucks that RedScare isn't here to see this. He has a very special birthday coming up this year. I should sign him up anyway. He's so tired of all the other Mexican restaurants near downtown. I wonder if Ruby Tequilas has waitstaff that will sing Happy Birthday and make the diner of honor wear an awesomely bad sombrero? There's no other good Mexican place in Midtown that will do that. Cool, Ruby Tequilas is close to my office. And all those points mean I can take my out-of-town management out to lunch a lot more than usual. I am pretty psyched!

I got to attend the private parties on Thursday and Saturday and found the food (enchiladas, tamale, tacos) to be like Cafe Adobe's. However, Ruby's did have some really awesome fajitas (highly recommended). The best part of this place are their margaritas. Very tasty, and happy hour (Mon-Friday) 4-7pm, they have .99 draft beer and 1.99 house margaritas. My wife and I will probably be coming here weekly just for the happy hour. BTW, service was awesome, and the inside of the place is nice. We are excited to have this place in Midtown.

Edited by brian0123

I got to attend the private parties on Thursday and Saturday and found the food (enchiladas, tamale, tacos) to be like Cafe Adobe's. However, Ruby's did have some really awesome fajitas (highly recommended). The best part of this place are their margaritas. Very tasty, and happy hour (Mon-Friday) 4-7pm, they have .99 draft beer and 1.99 house margaritas. My wife and I will probably be coming here weekly just for the happy hour. BTW, service was awesome, and the inside of the place is nice. We are excited to have this place in Midtown.

Any lunch specials?

Any lunch specials?

Not sure about lunch specials. I think we might have been given the dinner menu. All of their prices (at least dinner) seemed on par with other tex mex places around town. I just remember being excited about the cheap margaritas. They also have this other margarita that I haven't seen before, that is basically a margarita w/ a Dos Equis bottle sticking out of it upside down. The mixture of beer w/ the margarita was surprisingly good.

No doubt about it! I got to go to a private function at Ruby's on Saturday night....the food was definitely enjoyable...they brought by samples of the fajitas....I was shocked at how tender they were!! Maybe some of the best I've had!! I will order those next time! Their chile smashed potatoes were tasty too....good house margarita....above average but not the best ever....worth going to again and definitely my favorite of the three Midtown Mexican restaurants...

• 1 year later...

A friend of mine just showed up for work there and they were shuttered. Said something about a landlord dispute or something. I'd only been once, but had a favorable impression.

Wow. That was fast! I would have figured there wouldn't be an issue like that a year or so down the road, particularly since they've been doing fairly well.

please enlighten the ignorant among us... what/where is ruby's?

Google is your friend. :)

I thought this location was fair at best. Definitely not one of the better Tex-Mex around in my opinion.

We ate there once.....the waiter could barely bothered to give us a drink and chips -- he actually never came back to see if we wanted a second drink....we had to ask the manager for the check....and the place was almost empty so it wasn't like he was busy -- never went back...

• Like 1

We ate there once.....the waiter could barely bothered to give us a drink and chips -- he actually never came back to see if we wanted a second drink....we had to ask the manager for the check....and the place was almost empty so it wasn't like he was busy -- never went back...

Same here. Except we sat at the bar. The bartender spent most of his time in the backroom. Anywhere but the bar. I guess he thought that since they were slow (we went on a sunday afteroon) he could sulk around outside, drink beer, and smoke cigarettes. Oh well. We've not been back since.

Never ate there (there are too many better places to eat Tex Mex in our city) but in the evenings I would drive past and almost always saw people eating on the patio (this was before summer mind you). I go to Bar Munich next door often on Fridays and Saturdays and I would walk by Ruby's and there were always people inside.

Hmm, I wonder what happened.

Tried it once. Nothing great. The close by Xuco Xucana is way better so I won't miss them.

XX use to be El Patio right? Yes, the food there is amazing since they actually have an amazing chef now. Probably one of the best Tex Mex meals I have ever had (the prices reflect that as well, but worth it), and the drinks are still the same amazing El Patio Margaritas I was use to (they will kick your arse, so take em slow)