Selling my 1956 Lucian Hood Mod

TXvoodoo

Sometime before December I will be putting my house up for sale, pricing it in the high $200's. It is a 2755 square foot Lucian Hood Mod custom designed and built in 1956 and sits on a 14,850 square foot corner lot. In the past 5 years the foundation has been leveled, a new $25K Duro-Last roof has been put on, new a/c duct work and insulation have been put in. The A/C is a 5 ton 3 phase unit and the compressor was replaced this year and was still under warranty, so it is good to go for quite awhile. When I first moved into the house my A/C bills were running $600 a month in the summer time but with the Duro Last roof my bills during this ridiculously hot and dreadful summer have run no more than $260. Not bad for a large old house with lots of floor to ceiling glass. Unfortunately my once lush lawn has been destroyed by the drought but it will come back soon enough. On that note, it also has a 6 station lawn sprinkler system. I am in the process of patching, painting and various other odds and ends, getting it ready to put on the market sometime in the next few months. The house is located in Braeburn Valley, a small pocket neighborhood of only 97 homes and bordered by Braeburn Country Club. My house looks out over part of the course. Braeburn Valley consists of all custom built homes in the mid 1950's and contains a few fantastic mods along with lots of new and friendly young residents that really appreciate the architecture. If any one knows of someone looking for an incredibly elegant mod with fantastic lines and a very sound structure then send me a pm. And remember, I've already done all the expensive work!

Sometime before December I will be putting my house up for sale, pricing it in the high $200's. The A/C is a 5 ton 3 phase unit and the compressor was replaced this year and was still under warranty, so it is good to go for quite awhile.

That is a wonderful looking place. If I was in the market I think I would be hooked by that image of the living room with its coffered ceiling and that marvelous fireplace. Talk up the 3-phase air conditioning system. If you use an agent make sure he/she understands why that is a good feature.

Some of the new high SEER models can match it for efficiency but the best thing about the 3-phase system is its low maintenance. My father had built in 1961 the house he still lives in today. In the past 50 years he as replaced the entire condensing unit only once (1984) and one compressor since.

Apart from that the house looks and sounds fantastic. Good luck.

Wow. Looks gorgeous.

Yes that 3 phase does save money, I will stress that to potential buyers. Regarding the living room, it was the first room I saw in the house and it sold me immediately! I absolutely love that room. One day I plan on building a retro mod and you can bet on the fact that I will build a living room closely resembling this one. The ceiling and the fireplace will be the main features of that design. Thanks!

Latest update. Speaking of A/C, mine wasn't cooling last night so I had a repairman out to take a look. $3800 evaporater coil is all it needed. With a new compressor last year and a new coil this year, its practically new! On top of all these repairs the blower fan was replaced last week.

Archived