Censorship

Utinga

As us noobies are being censored from any type of response under "Perry for Prez" thought I would just add my noob opinion here.

Or at least that of the NY times. :ph34r:

lockmat, on Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 2:32 PM, said:

Should he be the president based on these numbers alone? I mean, dang!

More than 7 times more???!!! All he'd have to do is walk around with a t-shirt on that had these statistics

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexa...s#ixzz1OzukJu2Z

How many of those jobs are at walmart, check cashing places, game rooms, autobuses americanos, or simply low-end?

I'm glad the population of Texas is growing and growing. However, how many of those are katrinians or illegal aliens?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/the-texas-unmiracle.html?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.mc_id=OP-SM-E-FB-SM-LIN-TTU-081511-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click.

As s noobies are being censored from any type of response under "Perry for Prez" thought I would just add my noob opinion here.

Or at least that of the NY times. :ph34r:

lockmat, on Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 2:32 PM, said:

Should he be the president based on these numbers alone? I mean, dang!

More than 7 times more???!!! All he'd have to do is walk around with a t-shirt on that had these statistics

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexa...s#ixzz1OzukJu2Z

How many of those jobs are at walmart, check cashing places, game rooms, autobuses americanos, or simply low-end?

I'm glad the population of Texas is growing and growing. However, how many of those are katrinians or illegal aliens?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/the-texas-unmiracle.html?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.mc_id=OP-SM-E-FB-SM-LIN-TTU-081511-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click.

The way I understand, it's not censorship, it's more about arguments can get heated and sometimes people take things personally. They'd rather you stick around, get to know the folks before you go in there and feel insulted by something silly.

Indeed, it is censorship, but not on a nebulous government sort of way, but more, you've been invited into someone's house and they ask that you respect their rules kind of way.

Like don't jump on the furniture, sure, your ability to express yourself by jumping on the couch is stifled, but it's a sign of respect for the person who let you in their house.

So few people on the internet have any concept of what censorship is. It's very sad.

Censorship: "is the suppression of speech or other public communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient to the general body of people as determined by a government, media outlet, or other controlling body." Works for me.

I understand about the need for new posters to understand the nuances of our fellow posters, just as a certain Presentational candidate wanted a certain "type" attending a majority of his fundraisers. Lets call it "selective control" if censorship is too harsh of a word for our editor.

@IronTiger, Touché. That is MY point. I knew about this rule, so I suppose in earnest I shouldn't refer to it as censorship.

@LATAWACS, sorry, I guess one needs to be a subscriber as I'm not sure why the link doesn't work.

When you have an internet site like this you must have some control over it. I see it as a rule to keep away trolls which are everywhere these days. If the only reason you joined this site was to make political comments then your probably at the wrong forum.

Governments (and quasi-governmental organizations) censor.

Removal or editing of comments on a privately-owned internet forum is not censorship. No one is preventing you from starting your own forum and posting comments there that may be considered unacceptable here.

Having served as a moderator elsewhere for 10+ years, few things are as predictable as someone who has a post edited for reasons that would have been painfully obvious if they'd taken the time to read the site's AUP/FAQ, then promptly starts squawking about "censorship".

I am quite aware of the need for censorship. If anyone were to take the time, you would see I've posted to several on topic forums. I unlike most, not all, have a real face, email, phone with my link to my facebook. I've nothing to hide. There are a lot of sites, corporations, etc. that take advertisement dollars who have every right to their own internal "censorship." I may disagree with this, but as a human I voice my concerns and move on. I just find it a bit odd that some of the on topic sites are/were much more heated than the Perry forum. I will only post my comments forward to the on topic sites. No one should have to hassle with a troll such as me and my silly comments. I wish all of you a great week and stay cool in this darn heat. :blush:

Indeed, it is censorship, but not on a nebulous government sort of way, but more, you've been invited into someone's house and they ask that you respect their rules kind of way.

Like don't jump on the furniture, sure, your ability to express yourself by jumping on the couch is stifled, but it's a sign of respect for the person who let you in their house.

This is rather simplistic, but I get your gist. I view it more as you invited me into your home (there are links, ads etc. inviting me to this site) you state your opinion, afterwards I give you my opinion. You dislike my opinion and ask me to leave your home. THAT is your right. I do get it. :wacko:

As I stated with my first post....SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP! Not what one knows but Who? Oh well I surrender. :blink:

Posted Yesterday at 04:17AM

TheNiche, on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 9:15 PM, said:

How many children have been displaced by your occupancy of a unit of affordable housing in an enclave within which families are evidently comfortable? You should have paid more for a unit of unaffordable housing in a neighborhood with fewer families, but which is also efficient so that others with lesser means and more children would have had the opportunity to exert a lesser impact by occupying your home.

Since you're anticipating our rebuttal, I'm going to anticipate yours. You will say that I am insane to believe that families could occupy 400 square feet. You will claim that it is inhumane. You will attempt to morally validate all of your opinions and your way of life through a narrow prism defined by a narrow view of reality and you will then declare victory in your mind, have a beer, and fall asleep feeling smug about yourself. You won't think critically about a damned thing. Hey, I could be wrong about you, but...nah, never mind. You can't admit that possibility, so neither will I.

feel I've just been "verbalized" by an "un-smug". As you know nothing about me I shall forgive your fearful, prejudiced rant towards me. Who I may add has a rather narrow view of MY reality. For ALL others on HAIF, my address is 1926 Hardy #3 77026. It is the $450.00 garage apt in the rear, you will see a 1989 Mitsubishi Eclipse, with a flat tire in the driveway. Forgive me the grass is in need of a mow, I need to walk to the gas station to purchase some petrol for the mower. I receive a $50 deduction in rent for mowing as well as minor maintenance on the other two units. Walk past the car, and please feel free to knock on my door (side door) and we can have a chat about my lifestyle choice. If you feel that my 384 square feet $500 - $50 deduction constitutes "affordable housing" please feel free to email me and I will give you Alicia's number. She may want to raise our rent a tad again. To be fair we do receive "free" cable and utilities here. The Landlady can not afford to separate-out the utilitities. You should have paid more for a unit of unaffordable housing" Before moving here I lived at 4420 Roseland #7 77006, in Montrose and paid $575.00 for 583 Sq feet. I and my 300.00 a pay check partner (sole bread-winner right now) receive zero subsidies, with the exception of Metro being our subsidized mode of transport at the moment. You may want to join me at le' Fiesta and I will be honored to show you how well we shop for food without food stamps. "so that others with lesser means and more children" I am a 400 to 500 a week unemployed courier driver. If you have a spare auto sitting around, I would be most grateful, or a cam , battery and spare tire would be most appreciated as well. Then perhaps you may have an unaffordable unit you might rent to us?

"Since you're anticipating our rebuttal, I'm going to anticipate yours. You will say that I am insane to believe that families could occupy 400 square feet. You will claim that it is inhumane." Ah, my new found un-prejudiced friend, how little you know, I don't know you enough to call "insane" ill- informed is all. I am of the tiny/small house movement. Have you read any of my post or viewed my fb page closely? It would be the likes of you that I am trying to "get to" I feel I may be talking to deaf ears, but if you are interested I've collected vast info on small house living. My neighbors to the South are a family of 8 in a two bedroom bungalow cut into 3 apts. with an un air-con garage apt. in the rear. On some evenings we sit outdoors and share our daily stories. On Sunday several other "displaced" families around us have a bbq at one of the homes on this block. Any of you are most welcome to join in on our festivities. We always shut down at 9 or 10 though, that may be too early for my new elitist screaming, buddy above. Never judge a person solely on his fb fotos, for those also, you know nothing either. But you too Mr. Zappa are welcome at our casa at any time.

Keep cool and have a great week, Glen Andresun

Archived