College Football 2011

Highway6

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 minutes of fame?

The Frogs are 98-27 over the last ten years. Here's a list of teams with more wins than the Frogs since 2001;

LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia Tech, USC, and Boise State.

They've been good, but they've been relevant maybe once. And maybe that's enough. My only point was that Patterson wasn't going to get any higher than that, he missed his chance to cash out. If he's where he wants to be, good for him and keep it going.

Nice call so far, 34-23 with 5 left in the half! Patterson should have left after last year, it won't ever get any better than that for TCU. I know they think they are special (same delusion aggies usually have), but last year was as good as it gets.

(Aggies are special.)

RG III is special.. he's a monster.

15 minutes of fame?

I meant that sorta big picture, history of college football, level... not literally 1 quarter of football.

Yes.. They've been good. But they weren't turning heads much before Dalton... and now they're turning heads for the wrong reasons. They look terrible.

Big East is watching this game wondering if they picked up the right team.

Great game for UH today. 38-34 over UCLA. Keenum looks like he did in 09. This is going to be a GOOD season for UH. Easy walk through the next 3 games, then UTEP and ECU, then an easy 5 game streak, then Tulsa. A perfect season is more of a possibility this season than it has been in a long, LONG time.

Again, the Frogs have played in back-to-back BCS games without the benefit of playing in a conference with AQ status!

How many BCS bowls have the Aggies played in since the Big 12 was started?

As for "cashing out", Patterson makes well over $1 million a year at a school that adores him. He might be the smartest coach on the planet to realize that while it "might" be better in the SEC or Big 10 or wherever, it could also be MUCH worse. He's living in a nice city in a state with no income tax and has a fan base that thinks he hung the moon. Plus, TCU has DEEP pocketed fans as witnessed by their current stadium renovation in progress in which the cash was raised in less than 10 months time!

Man.. Did i cheer for the wrong team last weekend or what... Effin Baylor !! And Effin TCU for losing to effin Baylor !!

Baylor has always wanted a rivalry game with us? You got it Aholes, for 1 game only.... i hope we hang 100 on em then break RG3's legs.

My picks are in. First game is 11am tomorrow. I'd plan on getting your picks in by 10.

College Football pick'em over at ESPN.

This realignment stuff SUCKS.

Texas and Texas ATM in different conferences? The back yard brawl between Pitt and West Virginia likely over? Syracuse to the ACC? Oklahoma State and Texas Tech (two teams that have NEVER won an outright conference title in their long histories) to the Pacific Coast?

The Big East conference is likely toast. Sure, their football wasn't the best but now there's no more Syracuse vs. UConn in Madison Square Garden for the Big East Finals or Pitt vs. Nova in the battle of PA on the hard court. THAT FLAT OUT SUCKS. And all so greedy programs can hoard even more cash.

4 conferences with 16 teams is going to leave even more folks out the next time. I hate this. We might as well just award the football national title to the team with the most cash.

Texas and their suck at the *** cronies have now ruined the SWC and Big 12 in less than two decades. The Pac Ten, or hell, even ACC, better be careful inviting the Longhorns to the table.

This realignment stuff SUCKS.

Texas and Texas ATM in different conferences? The back yard brawl between Pitt and West Virginia likely over? Syracuse to the ACC? Oklahoma State and Texas Tech (two teams that have NEVER won an outright conference title in their long histories) to the Pacific Coast?

Rivals don't need to be in the same conference to play. FL-FLST , GA-GT, SC-Clemson, CO-Co St, ND-USC

I was perfectly happy being in a different conference as the longhorns, if we could maintain our game. Course, in the past month, the constant longhorn fan chatter of "Screw em, OU's our real rival anyways".. it's grating on me. I could care less at this point. I expect the series to go by the wayside for 5-10 yrs so the Whorns can feel like they taught us a lesson. It will be sad to not have the game, but at this point, if I had to stay in conf with them in ordere to keep the game, I say quit em, it's not worth staying.

I'm not sure if I believe the most recent chatter that Texas to the PAC is back on. All the chatter is coming out of Austin, namely Chip Brown and Kirk Bhols, and they were wrong about the PAC last yr and were wrong about the ACC last week. I don't see why the PAC is caving in as much as the recent reports state. They hold every card.

The Aggie in me hopes the PAC says no way Jose, not until the LHN is adios... thus forcing Texas to go Indy or head up the Texas SWC conference.. because, either way, they'll more likely be forced to schedule us to get their SOS up.

The Big East conference is likely toast. Sure, their football wasn't the best but now there's no more Syracuse vs. UConn in Madison Square Garden for the Big East Finals or Pitt vs. Nova in the battle of PA on the hard court. THAT FLAT OUT SUCKS. And all so greedy programs can hoard even more cash.

Big East is a basketball conference in a football world. That was the whole point of their founding.

Luckily though, you may be wrong... a) if recent rumors are correct, Uconn may be school #15 to the ACC and b ).. I read in one of the pressers that MSG stands a good chance of being put in the rotation for the ACC finals.

4 conferences with 16 teams is going to leave even more folks out the next time. I hate this. We might as well just award the football national title to the team with the most cash.

Texas and their suck at the *** cronies have now ruined the SWC and Big 12 in less than two decades. The Pac Ten, or hell, even ACC, better be careful inviting the Longhorns to the table.

Assuming the BE or B12 doesn't go down without a fight, we might end up with 5x 16 team super conferences... then Lord knows how that's gonna go down with the transition from BCS to eventual +1, 8 team playoffs.

Figure I would share our pickem scores with the rest of Haif.

Sowanome is destroying us through 3 weeks and is in the 93rd percentile of all ESPN players. Congrats to Aggie92 and TimmyChan for being the first to forget your weekly picks. Haify history tells us that it will happen to us all at some point.

1 Sowanome - 42 - 40 - 52 = 134

2 Distribaire PE - 41 - 42 - 43 = 126

3. The Pragmatist -38 - 46 - 35 = 119.9

4 20thStDad 41 - 38 - 37 = 116.9

5 RedScare82 - 30 - 42 - 43 = 115

6 Highway6 - 35 - 34 - 44 = 113

7 Aggie92 - 40 - 40 = 80

8 Timmy Chan - 38 - 32 = 70

Figure I would share our pickem scores with the rest of Haif.

Sowanome is destroying us through 3 weeks and is in the 93rd percentile of all ESPN players. Congrats to Aggie92 and TimmyChan for being the first to forget your weekly picks. Haify history tells us that it will happen to us all at some point.

1 Sowanome - 42 - 40 - 52 = 134

2 Distribaire PE - 41 - 42 - 43 = 126

3. The Pragmatist -38 - 46 - 35 = 119.9

4 20thStDad 41 - 38 - 37 = 116.9

5 RedScare82 - 30 - 42 - 43 = 115

6 Highway6 - 35 - 34 - 44 = 113

7 Aggie92 - 40 - 40 = 80

8 Timmy Chan - 38 - 32 = 70

Please don't Jinx me! Let's just say that I shoot for 40 pts. every week and that I typically have an unfair advantage.......

exactly and the personal experience doesn't hurt either :D...This week will be interesting since there are a lot somewhat obvious picks. Any upset predicitons other than A&M or possibly LSU (Warning: WVU doesn't really run the ball so they may struggle a bit)?

did Biff give you the Gray's Sports Almanac back in high school?? :lol:

senior QB jinx continues... Tanny couldn't settle down and stop screwing up 2nd half.... Though the last pick that sealed it was just a good play on Fuller by the corner, the pass was fine.

Third game in a row we've come out lackadaisical in the 3rd... that's gotta be on the coaches.

Season aint over.. but damn that sucks.

senior QB jinx continues... Tanny couldn't settle down and stop screwing up 2nd half.... Though the last pick that sealed it was just a good play on Fuller by the corner, the pass was fine.

Third game in a row we've come out lackadaisical in the 3rd... that's gotta be on the coaches.

Season aint over.. but damn that sucks.

Yeah, the D also couldn't keep up the pace in the 3rd, getting caught off guard almost every play. Tannehill's interceptions and that fumble by McNeal did nothing to help the defense out, giving them no time to even rest. I was just gritting my teeth the entire time. Hey, at least they looked good in the first half. ^_^ Here's to hoping the team will learn from this one and use it as motivation to beat Arkansas.

It's just more evidence that A&M will never really matter, especially in the SEC. They can look forward to the yearly competition for the best team with red-ish colors in the SEC west, but they are not going to matter on a national level. This was a big time game. They had a big time lead and totally folded in the 2nd half. Get a stadium that has seating all the way around, then come try to be big time.

It's just more evidence that A&M will never really matter, especially in the SEC. They can look forward to the yearly competition for the best team with red-ish colors in the SEC west, but they are not going to matter on a national level. This was a big time game. They had a big time lead and totally folded in the 2nd half. Get a stadium that has seating all the way around, then come try to be big time.

You never know what will happen in the future. In the near-term, A&M will not be in championship talks, but things can change. Certain teams rise while others fall. A few remain relatively consistent, but they have all had down periods and up periods. As of right now, your Tigers look bound for a BCS game and are strong contenders for the NC. They've demonstrated they're a great team this year, but that doesn't tell me where they'll be in 10-15 years. And the stadium comment would seem to have no bearing on whatever point you were trying to make. If I remember, the plan is to enclose the field and expand it to 115,000 or so, but that takes a lot of money. If the program continues to improve, that will become more of a reality. I'll just have to watch and hope for the best as this year goes on for the Aggies.

I am still not certain what to make of the move to the SEC, but I'm sure A&M can eventually find some footing in the conference. The team may not be a perennial contender, but I'm certain it will have its successes. Only time will tell.

20th Street is like every LSU fan I've ever met (except for one). They all have amnesia prior to the year 2000. To hear them tell it, they've been the Nick Saban/Les Miles Tigers forever. But, ask them to actually look at the swamp kitties record for the 25 years prior to Saban's arrival, and you'll find that they struggled to win 6 games per year. Yes, add it up, 165 wins in 26 years equals 6.3 wins per year. If LSU can recover from a quarter century of suck and win a MNC, I have no doubt that the Aggies can as well.

Besides, since 2009, A&M has a better record versus top 10 teams (2-1) than LSU (2-4).

It's official... Ags are in the SEC. Suck it 20th.

http://www.tamu.edu/...nouncement.html

http://www.secdigita...conference.aspx

Your record attendance is only 3000 more than ours.... Try adding a few 3rd decks.

PS... Looks like we all pretty much kicked ass in the pick'em this week. No big changes in the standings if any.

Archived