Exiting the Airplane

trymahjong

Flew in to LaGuardia yesterday-- the plane had 31 rows of seats, 6 seats to a row--it took 20 minutes (not an exageration) to exit the plane ---Many passengers (by that I mean small slightly built people that had to ask for help -this takes more time than you would expect) had crammed oversized baggage in upper bins---one fell onto a seated passenger and the stewardess had to be called--another delay----lots of these bags won't roll down the ailse easily either--

Couldn't those with NO baggage be allowed to exit first?

No. That would take even longer, waiting for people to go around other people, and some a-hole would skip. Just exit in order, and if someone right in front of you is slowing things down, help them out. I do this all the time. Oh, you are slow getting your bag, well here, I got it, now get the F off so I can go home. I think 20 minutes is the extreme, unless you are in the back of a wide-body.

Flew in to LaGuardia yesterday-- the plane had 31 rows of seats, 6 seats to a row--it took 20 minutes (not an exageration) to exit the plane ---Many passengers (by that I mean small slightly built people that had to ask for help -this takes more time than you would expect) had crammed oversized baggage in upper bins---one fell onto a seated passenger and the stewardess had to be called--another delay----lots of these bags won't roll down the ailse easily either--

Couldn't those with NO baggage be allowed to exit first?

Exiting a plane has always been one of my biggest pet peeves....there is always some idiot on their cell phone who does not bother to pack anything up at all or do anything in preparation of getting off who waits till its their turn to step into the aisle to go ahead and stand up, and take their time packing and getting their bag before disembarking....

I dont enjoy flying, but my absolute least favorite part is getting off the plane...

Patience is a virtue.1

You need to learn to get your tickets sooner to have more seat selection.

If you're traveling alone.. See if there are any single seats available near the front of the plane when you check in.

If you insist on ranking passengers to see who merits getting off first, I can think of numerous other groups that would go before you.

1. Women and children (obviously)

2. People with connecting flights.

3. People that need to really use the restroom.

4. Me.

6. Clowns.

5. People without carry-on luggage.

6. People with carry-on luggage.

7. D-List celebrities

1Except on houston freeways.. get out of my way.

You forgot Terrorist. :rolleyes:

Patience is a virtue.1

You need to learn to get your tickets sooner to have more seat selection.

If you're traveling alone.. See if there are any single seats available near the front of the plane when you check in.

If you insist on ranking passengers to see who merits getting off first, I can think of numerous other groups that would go before you.

1. Women and children (obviously)

2. People with connecting flights.

3. People that need to really use the restroom.

4. Me.

6. Clowns.

5. People without carry-on luggage.

6. People with carry-on luggage.

7. D-List celebrities

1Except on houston freeways.. get out of my way.

Archived