Memories Of Cinco Ranch

cea610

Long before the planned community 'Cinco Ranch' really was a working ranch, owned by 5 prominent Houstonians. For many years it was a destination for hunting trips and family gatherings....hundreds of folks spent many days there - anyone know of any photographs from the old ranch - for inclusion in a new book about the history of the Katy area.....

Long before the planned community 'Cinco Ranch' really was a working ranch, owned by 5 prominent Houstonians. For many years it was a destination for hunting trips and family gatherings....hundreds of folks spent many days there - anyone know of any photographs from the old ranch - for inclusion in a new book about the history of the Katy area.....

I know times change, but it's still kinda sad to see the big ranches "riding off into the sunset..." I feel like we are losing part of our Texas heritage when they do. I wonder just how many people remember a large ranch called the "Nine Bar Ranch". I always remember the large, open spaces of that place. I don't think any of that one remains anymore...the land it was became "Fairfield" off of 290.

If I recall correctly, when Cinco Ranch was first being developed and advertised, part of the "hype" was that they used to film early cowboy movies there. That could be interesting, if true.

I don't know about "movies", but there was at least one movie filmed out in the area of the LH7 Ranch and Addicks Resevior called "North of 36". I don't know of any others. "North of 36" was a silent black/white movie that came out by Paramount Pictures in 1924 and was shot all around the area.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0015180/

http://users.hal-pc.org/~lfa/BB18.html

These two links may be of interest to you... I'd love to have a copy of "North of 36" on video, if anyone has it...

I know times change, but it's still kinda sad to see the big ranches "riding off into the sunset..." I feel like we are losing part of our Texas heritage when they do. I wonder just how many people remember a large ranch called the "Nine Bar Ranch". I always remember the large, open spaces of that place. I don't think any of that one remains anymore...the land it was became "Fairfield" off of 290.

Yep, it was truly sad to see that ranch developed.

• The title was changed to Memories Of Cinco Ranch

Archived