The Woodlands MUD And Lack Of Water Pressure

KatieDidIt

We moved up to the Woodlands less than a year ago, and in the past two months we have been having water pressure problems at least twice a week. Its always in the mornings and impossible to take a shower in a trickle. Everytime I call, they claim its "a pump that has gone down." Ok...I pay 3k a year, on top of water bills, to the MUD district just to have water and sewer! I NEVER had problems like this anywhere else. Yes, mains would break and the water would go off for a few hours............every few years... but not constant water pressure problems that I get the priviledge of paying extra for.

City of Houston really needs to take this place over.

If developers were willing to put water towers instead of booster stations, you wouldn't have this problem.

Also, the pumps coul overwhelmed in the morning because of too much usage. Complaints to the TCEQ should be filed.

developers have to file there proposed water distribution systems with the TCEQ to ensure enough pressure is there.

Tell TCEQ about you compaints to the MUD and there responses.

We moved up to the Woodlands less than a year ago, and in the past two months we have been having water pressure problems at least twice a week.

Wow, that is pretty bad. We've been in Sterling Ridge for 2.5 years and have always had great pressure. I would complain, and complain very loudly.

Maybe there's a way you can legally withhold your next $3000 payment until they get their act together. Like if you have a crappy apartment you can pay your rent to the court until repairs are made. Maybe something like that.

If developers were willing to put water towers instead of booster stations, you wouldn't have this problem.

Also, the pumps coul overwhelmed in the morning because of too much usage.  Complaints to the TCEQ should be filed.

developers have to file there proposed water distribution systems with the TCEQ to ensure enough pressure is there.

Tell TCEQ about you compaints to the MUD and there responses.

Thank you for that contact. MUD does admit to not having enough wells back here to supply the demand during peak hours. I think its a little lame that they haven't fixed it yet. But like everything else up here, they will get to it "whenever."

If they can't meet peak demand, the TCEQ can get involved. They are supposed to meet this and even have backup pumps when one fails.

The only way I think they woudn't be prepared is if you're in an old MUD where the requirements were less stringent, but I'm not sure if they reall changed much anyway.

I mean more water towers.

and KatieDidit, is you subdivision completetly built out? Or, is your MUD completely built out? The pumps may be built in phases to offset costs.

We have a few lots left , but the area back here is not totally built out. Yet there have been families living in each little sub. for at least a year. The WOC is already clearing and putting in the infrastructure for the new village. Seems that the MUD would have this area established and fully online before moving on the the next area. I was just shocked at the admission they knew they were behind in the number of wells needed to provide proper pressure to the existing residents. We are MUD 46, if that helps. And this area is in a high tax bracket, so they are getting more than enough funding.

If you're in Montgomery County MUD No. 46, I sent you to the wrong engineer.

The engineer for MCMUD 46 is David Vogt of Vogt Engineering.

DAVID A. VOGT, DISTRICT ENGINEER

VOGT ENGINEERING LP

110 VISION PARK BLVD STE 200

CONROE, TX 77384

Business Phone: (281) 367-0947

Fax: (281) 367-0948

This link will help anyone wanting to find info on their MUD: TCEQ List of MUD's

MUD's are regulated by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ, formerly the TNRCC)

Also, well drilling requests take a while to get approved. Then the construction plans for the well have to also get approved.

Hey, I'm near the heights and I don't have a lot of water pressure either. I turn my hot water on a little bit to push up the pressure. The hot water heater is located in my attack above my second floor. This gives me a lot more pressure.

Hey, I'm near the heights and I don't have a lot of water pressure either. I turn my hot water on a little bit to push up the pressure. The hot water heater is located in my attack above my second floor. This gives me a lot more pressure.

Question for Kjb, in your thing it says Soon to be Rice Military. What is that? I've heard other people refer to it, is it near Rice U? Does it have anything to do with the military, like is there a former military installation near by?

Rice Military is the area roughly between Durham and Memorial Park, I-10 and Memorial Drive. It is named for the World War I era training camp that pre-dates Memorial Park. In fact, the name "Memorial Park" comes from the fact that the park was created as a memorial to the vets.

Rice Military ..... is named for the World War I era training camp.

Not that this needs this much coverage in this topic folder but here it is anyway....

This is a common misconception, however I don't know what the correct answer is. The Rice Military subdivision pre-existed Camp Logan by several years. Rice Military Addition was platted, as such, in 1910 and Camp Logan was established in the summer of 1917 (on leased land to the west) to train soldiers for combat in Europe. It was in operation for less than 2 years. There is no obvious reason to come up with "military" that I have run across...it may be lost to history.

Now, the easy part, the

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
back on topic.......

katydidit, have you had any progress with the water pressure problem?  do your neighbors have the same problem.  has your community association been able to assist you?

Yes the problem is still here and neighbors have the problems too. Sorry, but the association is a joke. Its insulting how they handle problems.

I have got to be happy and get things done on my own. Dealing with the Woodlands Association and Mafia Company leads me to drink.

Gnu, has anyone ever mentioned that your photo is creepy?  Those eyes are trying to hypnotize us.  I try to avert my eyes as I scroll past your photo.  Can't you change it to a buxom blonde or brunette or something?

Someone on here has an avatar of a blonde riding a pony. I think you may like it.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I thought I'd revisit it and ask if you've still been having problems with your water pressure.

We have been having TERRIBLE water pressure issues here in our place down by I-10 and the W. Sam Houston Tollway. I mean, really nutty. 1/4 of the pressure we used to have. Everyone finally flipped out enough and this is what the city told us (via our condo newsletter):

"The lack of water pressure you are experiencing is a result of the freeway expansion and residual construction in your area. Unfortunately, mains and lines have had to be redirected, removed, or rebuilt in order to comply with the expansion plans. Your pressure will return to normal in the next few weeks to the next few months. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I'm wondering if, because they have been building out there, creating new roads, homes, etc that your pressure will get better once Sterling Ridge is more established? I hope so, because I feel your pain, it sucks having no water pressure. Everything takes twice as long!!! Showers, laundry, dishes...ugh.

Archived