Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

Keeping my fingers crossed that this thing goes up very quickly after demolition. That would be a TERRIBLE block to go vacant for a long period of time. Too many scars on the landscape already.

Oh, and please let it be something other than a glass box like their Post Oak project that is rising...

• Like 1

Is that one huge property on that block or are there any separate parts?

If it is all considered one property that is pretty huge.

I'm fairly sure it is all one contiguous property. 

Apart from the corner closest to Jones Hall, the footprint of the Houston Club building/garage pretty much occupies the entire block minus the required setback from the street. Not counting garages, it may be the most fully utilized single building block downtown. 

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 1

does Gensler still have the model of the BOTSW tower in their lobby? That was bad assed the last time I saw it (about 20 years ago)

Talk about an out of place empty block. 

Having a supertall like that right there would have changed the entire complexion of DT. Not that I (or anyone apparently) would have wanted to pay for it, but it is fun to imagine how that would look with One Shell, B of A and Wells Fargo all in close proximity. 

I'm fairly sure it is all one contiguous property.

Apart from the corner closest to Jones Hall, the footprint of the Houston Club building/garage pretty much occupies the entire block minus the required setback from the street. Not counting garages, it may be the most fully utilized single building block downtown.

I like that mural that is on the side of the building

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I guess i'll start the thread for this one.

8680305538_3df78e9d0b_o.jpg

Capitol Tower in the CBD is being developed by Skanska and Gensler on the former Houston Club space. The Class A building is expected to be 33 floors and between 700,000 to 800,000 square feet.

http://www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/ResearchLevel1/Houston%20Highlights_Q1_2013.pdf

http://www.usa.skanska.com/business-units/commercial_development/commercial-properties/offices-for-lease/capitol-tower/

• Like 2

Don't really have any additional information on the tower itself but I did see that Houston based landscape architect Office of James Burnett will be doing the landscaping for the building.  They also did the landscaping (street and rooftop gardens) on BG Group Place.  That's my shout out to some fellow LAs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not too terriblly disappointed in the height (it will still slightly edge out the Esperson Tower from my POV and still be in the foreground of the Chase tower); again just hoping for an interesting roof line. 

then prepare to be disappointed.

• Like 1