Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

That's very optimistic but I don't think so. Unless they land a non-energy tenant this one likely isn't happening until oil hits 80 or so consistently Even then, big energy tenants aren't going to get into this, they have their own campuses now.  I wonder if Downtown will see a lull in office building in the near future, which I don't really mind. Residential growth in downtown is much more interesting to me than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They have the base for the second tower crane installed in the hole now. Its closer to Milam, but not right on the edge of where the building will be, a little more toward Capitol than Rusk, but fairly close to the middle of the block in that direction.

• Like 4

I know of one fairly large downtown law firm in negotiations with Skanska to move in 2017. I also know that another large downtown law firm is looking to move in early 2018 and are possibly in talks with the Capitol Tower folks. Fingers crossed.

Are you saying both in talks with skanska's Capitol tower??

I know of one fairly large downtown law firm in negotiations with Skanska to move in 2017.  I also know that another large downtown law firm is looking to move in early 2018 and are possibly in talks with the Capitol Tower folks.  Fingers crossed.

If you can't name names - how many lawyers does this firm have in Houston?  How much space are they currently leasing?

If you can't name names - how many lawyers does this firm have in Houston?  How much space are they currently leasing?

(1) Currently the law firm has approx. 104 attorneys in 4 floors.

(2) The law firm that will be leasing new space in 2018 has 220 or so lawyers and have about 9 or 10 floors now.

I know of one fairly large downtown law firm in negotiations with Skanska to move in 2017.  I also know that another large downtown law firm is looking to move in early 2018 and are possibly in talks with the Capitol Tower folks.  Fingers crossed.

Yes, but can we get an out-of-town firm to put, say, 500 employees in a block of space in the building?

• Like 1

them cranes are awful tall for a seven story garage....

(this is where we insert a picture of Kermit the Frog drinking wine, saying "I'm just saying"... lol)

and as we know, they can easily be made taller...  :ph34r:

• Like 1