Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

Reading the tea leaves in the form of crane base delivery, it appears that at least the garage portion is a go.  I stand to be corrected, but it doesn't seem like a tower crane would be needed to just finish things up to the street level, as another commenter suggested.

Hey Nate, I think I se my office from your office! :) I was pumped when I saw the crane but I'm disappointed that it's only for the garage.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I was waving, you didn't see me.

Looking at where they placed the crane base, you have to wonder if they are just doing half the block (they could put up another, I suppose).  It would be a long reach to get all the way to the Milam/Capitol corner from where they set the base.

7-story garage to be built no matter what. When they choose to move forward with the office tower, they'll add floors to the garage.

It will certainly help the parking situation downtown and make it easier for suburbanites to play downtown. 

Man I wish this building was going up. While it wouldn't have made any impact on the skyline, the sunken lobby area next to the street would have been a welcome addition. Seems like every building cycle there are great proposals that bite the dust. In the 80s it was most of Houston Center and BSWT. I guess it's only to be expected.

Edited by wxman
  • Like 1

Man I wish this building was going up. While it wouldn't have made any impact on the skyline, the sunken lobby area next to the street would have been a welcome addition. Seems like every building cycle there are great proposals that bite the dust. In the 80s it was most of Houston Center and BSWT. I guess it's only to be expected.

It's going to get built. Skanska isn't putting millions of dollars for some parking garage, right now there waiting for a tenant to sign and could be in the works for some company as we speak.

• Like 1