Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

Isn't GE O&G headquartered in uptown?

Well, I work for GE Capital so I'm not 100% sure but I believe it is actually located on Beltway 8 close to IAH. Next time you drive on Beltway 8, count the number of buildings that have GE's logo on them....

Every real estate developer, politician, and prospective Starbucks franchisee is begging GE to move their HQ to their particular location. If they pack up and move out of CT, they are going to get a honey of a deal. So this tower (or 609 Main for that matter) might have a legit shot at landing them, but they’d be competing against more locations than any of us could imagine.

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 3

They were installing drill piers at night to make up time in the schedule. The wrecking of the garage was done at night to protect the public and to work around Metro. Balling that building during the day would have been dangerous, too many cars & Pedestrians. There are noise ordinances but in downtown it gets fuzzy. The police need a good amount of complaints to shut work down. From what I have heard is when they get started coming out of the ground they may be working around the clock. May or may not happen, we shall see....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, even tho this tower won't be a skyline changer, this is one of my favorite projects. Can ANYBODY provide any hope of this being built? Is it possible that construction has started?

I would like to think that if they are going to have 3 tower cranes, they might be building more than just a parking garage.

It looks like the base/foundation of the crane is fixed in to the mat/slab. Would they just cut that off flush when they are done?

I want to get my hopes up as much as the next HAIF'er, but this thing is weird, who knows what they are doing.

Yes, tower crane bases become part of the finished structure.

My big concern with this one is the fact that Hines still has ZERO tenants for 609 Main.  I would imagine that there is race to the bottom on tenant rates between Skanska and Hines right now.

Skanska definitely has the better location but I would imagine that Hines is getting very aggressive on lease rates.  It would be quite impressive to see the Skanska folks sign a tenant before Hines....

My big concern with this one is the fact that Hines still has ZERO tenants for 609 Main. I would imagine that there is race to the bottom on tenant rates between Skanska and Hines right now.

Skanska definitely has the better location but I would imagine that Hines is getting very aggressive on lease rates. It would be quite impressive to see the Skanska folks sign a tenant before Hines....

I don't worry about Hines finding tenants. Although it's a different climate than BG Group, I hope Skanska lands something so there isn't a void. Plus we get two new towers to gawk at.