HAIF - Houston's original social media

Bank of America Tower Formerly Capitol Tower

But GE is also very publicly considering moving their headquarters out of Connecticut.

Eh, truueee.... But I still doubt they would move to this tower. More likely they would build an office park in some city's suburbs over this location. Since they are getting rid of their CRE, they may just move to Cincinatti or Alpharetta, GA. I could actually see CBRE putting some people in this tower since their business is just absolutely skyrocketing right now and the company is looking to branch out more from the Galleria. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, the first tower crane is going up and according to a rigger and some Skanska workers, 2 more tower cranes will be going up in the next couple of weeks. The office portion is going up too!!!  They

It's kind of open, at least if you wander around from Pennzoil, there's nothing/no one to stop you continuing through the tunnel level.    It looks really well done. In one mole person's opi

Capitol Tower-Houston-05 2019 by Mabry Campbell, on Flickr   Capitol Tower-Houston-05 2019 by Mabry Campbell, on Flickr

Posted Images

I do believe the chron article must have run across this thread. Interesting that they have not dug up any more than we have.

They are drilling pilings all the way around. It will be sad if the cranes come down after they finish off the garage portion.

They can probably afford to wait.

As for GE, Abbott seems to think he can lure them. Based almost entirely on an anticipated change in their tax situation.

And again, even if they came to Texas which there is a good chance they could, they still probably wouldn't take advantage of this tower. They have always preferred suburban campuses with the ability to expand for future operations.

I know nothing but this is LEED 4 Platinum does that interest GE, who bring good things to life?

Perhaps.

If we were to see anything from GE, it would likely be built along Beltway 8.

Perhaps.

If we were to see anything from GE, it would likely be built along Beltway 8.

I'd be surprised if Generation Park didn't move heaven and earth for this

Everyone is interested in LEED, its trendy, erm, saving the environment (multiple boxes of LEED paperwork at a time).

Trendy is good!
  • Like 1

Isn't GE O&G headquartered in uptown?

Well, I work for GE Capital so I'm not 100% sure but I believe it is actually located on Beltway 8 close to IAH. Next time you drive on Beltway 8, count the number of buildings that have GE's logo on them....

Every real estate developer, politician, and prospective Starbucks franchisee is begging GE to move their HQ to their particular location. If they pack up and move out of CT, they are going to get a honey of a deal. So this tower (or 609 Main for that matter) might have a legit shot at landing them, but they’d be competing against more locations than any of us could imagine.

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 3

They were installing drill piers at night to make up time in the schedule. The wrecking of the garage was done at night to protect the public and to work around Metro. Balling that building during the day would have been dangerous, too many cars & Pedestrians. There are noise ordinances but in downtown it gets fuzzy. The police need a good amount of complaints to shut work down. From what I have heard is when they get started coming out of the ground they may be working around the clock. May or may not happen, we shall see....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, even tho this tower won't be a skyline changer, this is one of my favorite projects. Can ANYBODY provide any hope of this being built? Is it possible that construction has started?

I would like to think that if they are going to have 3 tower cranes, they might be building more than just a parking garage.

It looks like the base/foundation of the crane is fixed in to the mat/slab. Would they just cut that off flush when they are done?

I want to get my hopes up as much as the next HAIF'er, but this thing is weird, who knows what they are doing.

• Like 1

It looks like the base/foundation of the crane is fixed in to the mat/slab. Would they just cut that off flush when they are done?

I want to get my hopes up as much as the next HAIF'er, but this thing is weird, who knows what they are doing.

Yes, tower crane bases become part of the finished structure.

My big concern with this one is the fact that Hines still has ZERO tenants for 609 Main.  I would imagine that there is race to the bottom on tenant rates between Skanska and Hines right now.

Skanska definitely has the better location but I would imagine that Hines is getting very aggressive on lease rates.  It would be quite impressive to see the Skanska folks sign a tenant before Hines....

My big concern with this one is the fact that Hines still has ZERO tenants for 609 Main. I would imagine that there is race to the bottom on tenant rates between Skanska and Hines right now.

Skanska definitely has the better location but I would imagine that Hines is getting very aggressive on lease rates. It would be quite impressive to see the Skanska folks sign a tenant before Hines....

I don't worry about Hines finding tenants. Although it's a different climate than BG Group, I hope Skanska lands something so there isn't a void. Plus we get two new towers to gawk at.

My big concern with this one is the fact that Hines still has ZERO tenants for 609 Main.  I would imagine that there is race to the bottom on tenant rates between Skanska and Hines right now.

Skanska definitely has the better location but I would imagine that Hines is getting very aggressive on lease rates.  It would be quite impressive to see the Skanska folks sign a tenant before Hines....

Well, they've announced zero tenants. I have a feeling they may have more tenants than they've announced.

Interesting that they would go forward with the pour, with concrete work prices still elevated from the current boom. Seems like a wiser choice would have been to wait the prices out a bit, considering the vertical build is on hold as well, no?  

Interesting that they would go forward with the pour, with concrete work prices still elevated from the current boom. Seems like a wiser choice would have been to wait the prices out a bit, considering the vertical build is on hold as well, no?  

Concrete is slated to go up another 6% at the beginning of 2016. Then, depending on how the market is, there is still the chance it hikes another 3% per quarter through '16.

It won't be going back down. Now isn't a bad time - its busy, but oil prices tanking put a lot of things on hold. Once the play button is pressed again, we'll see even more hikes with minimal availability.

Concrete is slated to go up another 6% at the beginning of 2016. Then, depending on how the market is, there is still the chance it hikes another 3% per quarter through '16.

It won't be going back down. Now isn't a bad time - its busy, but oil prices tanking put a lot of things on hold. Once the play button is pressed again, we'll see even more hikes with minimal availability.

Ah, that makes sense then. I have a new interest in construction / development and I'm trying to get a better understanding. Thanks for the explanation!

Edited by AREJAY
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Bank of America Tower Formerly Capitol Tower