Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

Boards up on the Chase building and Esperson too, but those might have gone up prior.

The sidewalk level boards at Esperson were put up Friday evening.  I was a bit surprised to see that 801 Travis popped a pane or two.

And the broken office windows in Pennzoil are already replaced - I'm guessing that the ones over the lobby won't take much longer; they probably just want to have the area clear of people when they do those.

Maybe Swamplot knows something everyone else doesn't? They're probably rushing to assumptions, but it would be nice if it had a quick turn around like Hilcorp's tower. I do agree with Monarch that I love Nate though, his downtown updates are wonderful!

http://swamplot.com/twists-and-shouts-on-the-houston-club-buildings-short-way-down/2014-10-20/

• Like 1

I'm kind of sad to see the Houston Club Building gone.  Probably not many people feel this way, but I always thought it was a really urbane design.  The garage was well-integrated, the whole structure wasn't just some glass box, and it worked well with the neighboring Gulf and Esperson buildings.  The 700 block of Travis, faced with the Gulf Building and the Houston Club, was always one of my favorite downtown blocks.  

• Like 3

Just checked the windows.  Pennzoil Place still has 11 boarded up windows, JP Morgan Chase Building has 2, and Esperson has 1.  And not only does the Houston Club garage have a giant gash in the top, but it has some caving in of the cinder block wall on lower levels, too.  Guess they decided to have it fall towards the garage that is about to be scrapped than the other nearby buildings where damage would be more of a problem.

• Like 1

Garage that is about to be scrapped? The same garage they just likely spent millions to reconstruct?

I think I've figured it out.. Theyll use this garage while demo/clean up work takes place, then build the capital tower garage on the demo'd plot. Then demo this temporary garage once there is other parking for chase or whoever they have the contract with, and finally start building the capital tower on this temporary garage site?

• Like 1

Is that little building next the temp garage going down too? 

My understanding is that everything on that block (save perhaps some stray utility infrastructure) is going to be gone and/or replaced by some time or another.

Garage that is about to be scrapped? The same garage they just likely spent millions to reconstruct?

I think I've figured it out.. Theyll use this garage while demo/clean up work takes place, then build the capital tower garage on the demo'd plot. Then demo this temporary garage once there is other parking for chase or whoever they have the contract with, and finally start building the capital tower on this temporary garage site?

Wasn't that the known plan all along?