Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

Obviously not the same as being there, but Channel 2 will be covering this live tomorrow morning at 6:00am (and online)

Oh you're right, it's definitely not the samething. I went to the Foley's/Macy's demo and it was just incredible. You see all the windows in the area shaking and the sheer force is spectacular. Trust me, they happen so rarely at this scale, you'll be glad you saw it in person.

Whelp, guess I'll just have to walk around tomorrow morning for a spot. Hopefully there is an open garage.

Wish they had done it at 7:15 instead of 7:00.  It was just too dark for good photos.  I did get video which I will upload soon.

It knocked out at least a half-dozen windows in Pennzoil Place.  If they put any little round stickers on them, they are sure to be gone now!

Click on any of the photos for a larger view; the third one shows the carnage.

bfPYTISl.jpg

l3YeIgjl.jpg

Pm7MH2Fl.jpg

• Like 8

Biked my way to Rusk and Smith but had a Barney Fife cop who woke up on the wrong side of the bed who was having a power trip, barking orders and wouldn't shut off his lights and his siren blaring trying to keep everyone away. Tried to work my way to Prairie and Milam but it came down on my way so I missed it.

With oil prices collapsing, I hope the Houston market doesn't cool down too much before Capitol Tower can break ground. Seems to be a race against time.

I can't imagine the market's going to go south before the New Year. After a 119,000 job increase YOY in September, I suspect it's going to take some effort to stop this train.

Before the new year, no. But how long until this breaks ground? They seem to be investing a lot into that garage for chase..

They said on the news that the building is only in planning stages and wouldn't be started until they have a major tenant (Im just repeating what they said on the news, I have no idea how valid it is)

They said on the news that the building is only in planning stages and wouldn't be started until they have a major tenant (Im just repeating what they said on the news, I have no idea how valid it is)

I sure hope not. Why would they implode it if they aren't planning on starting it?