Pool Builder Recommendation

slash

This is one purchase that I am very afraid to make the move on because I have watched my neighbors live through the ugliest side of building a pool. I would appreciate any input, suggestions, concerns, photos, designs...anything you have to offer to help me (and others) make the proper decision. Thanks in advance!

We used Atlantis pools. Have you checked out That Home Site? There is a pool building forum on there, and that's how I found him. He posts on their as Huskyrider (I believe) and built pools for several people on there. He's located off of FM 1488.

The only issues we had, were while building, they hit my sewer line - which was NO fault of theirs, but that of our stupid builder who placed it diagonally across our backyard. The only thing that I think was the fault of his trades (and he doesn't sub anything out), was we ended up with a crack across part of our pool decking about a year later. I didn't know any better, and I was the only one home at the time (the builder wasn't there), and the concrete guys laid the rebar down and didn't prop it up, so it basically sank to the bottom of the concrete and provided no support. By the time we noticed it, the pool was out of warranty.

He's not cheap, and he goes beyond cookie cutter, computer-driven designs and will design a custom pool at no extra charge. I pretty much told him what I wanted and they got the design right.

I had my first pool built by Anthony & Sylvan. Notice I didn't use them again the second time around....

Here's my story. I was told about Joe Carbone of C&C Pools (281-960-0313) by a person at work about 12 years ago. He's a 100% word of mouth operation. He started in the business digging holes, plumbing, electrical, etc. and realized that he knew who the best contractors were and could drive the work himself. I tell my friends who want pools to get three quotes including Joe's. If they don't like the dollars or design they should then ask him why they are different since the reality is that the costs are the same but get manipulated and the design can be changed to whatever you like.

Example I know of are that Joe didn't get a job in my neighborhood because the person said the landscaping was going to be free. But the pool was smaller. Another neighbor told me how he had pebble tec thrown in for free (before he knew about Joe). But his pool cost over $50K so the cost of pepple tec was in it. Another neighbor didn't even have Joe quote their pool because someone gave them a great deal if they'd sign immediately. One day they had a contractor knock on the door asking for the money since the pool builder disappeared when the pool was half complete. Another neighbor used a cookie-cutter pool to save cost and ended up with a leak in the piping.

Joe built a pool for me at my old house and I didn't even get multiple quotes for the new house and just used Joe. He's very passionate and still returns to my house when I have problems 6 years later to advise or fix the problem. So I recommend that you get three quotes including Joe, question him why things may look different, and be confident that you will always be taken care. The last thing I will say is that between the people I know who've had pools built by Joe and their contacts who have done the same, he's built about 12 pools in my zip code and no one has any issues.

Mention slocker if you want.

I would highly recommend Pebble Creek Pools. I personally know the owner and I have never met anyone with more of a commitment to quality. They are a small family owned business and operate completely by word of mouth. You should do your research and choose a company that you feel most comfortable with but I would recommend looking into them and contacting them for a quote. I hope this helps and doesn't sound too much like a sales pitch. Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the responses. I have added all your suggestions to my list. The other two companies that seem to be spoken about are Liquid Extreme and Paragon Pools. Does anyone have thoughts on either of these? Thanks again!

Archived