Holiday/Days/Heaven On Earth Inn At 801 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

This looks amazing! Would be wonderful rehab of the building.

So what does this mean?  It's actually going to happen, or it was just a study done?  

It' appears to be a study/concept by the architect for the Harris County Housing Authority. I did not find anything else on this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It hasn't been as see through as it was the other day, though. Most of the time, the upper parts of the eyesore are blocked by either walls or curtains.

I took the picture because every time I park in the 8th floor of the GS garage, I have to see that thing, and the lack of stuff blocking the view through it caught my eye

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Just realized what this derelict building replaced

Looks like that block was all interesting looking houses

CaptureHouston4.JPG

Holy retro photo, Batman! Those apartments remind me of Chicago. Looks like this was kind of an interesting neighborhood before the Pierce came through.

3 hours ago, cspwal said:

It's hard to get your bearings since there's only 2 buildings in this photo that survived, but the church on the left is pretty distinctive, and Central plaza in midtown is too

Man the Pierce destroyed some interesting parts of the city smh... seemed pretty dense too... just disappointing

8 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Man the Pierce destroyed some interesting parts of the city smh... seemed pretty dense too... just disappointing

The Pierce demolished some mundane stuff. Before that stuff was built, that area had some very large houses. See this page, about halfway down

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just ran into some guys on site. They had just finished clearing out all the steel from each floor.

Apparently the Sheraton is suppose to be done before Super Bowl with a significant pick up in activity in a couple of months.

Seems like a really difficult timeline to meet, but it was good seeing activity on site. We shall see...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DrLan34 said:

Just ran into some guys on site. They had just finished clearing out all the steel from each floor.

Apparently the Sheraton is suppose to be done before Super Bowl with a significant pick up in activity in a couple of months.

Seems like a really difficult timeline to meet, but it was good seeing activity on site. We shall see...

I cannot imagine that they will be open and ready by January 1 so that fans can start to book prior to Super Bowl Sunday.  Seem like a pipe dream to me but, "G'luck."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

I could see that happening if it was being converted to a Motel 6, but, not with an upscale brand.

Well, they have a solid structure up and there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but finishing it in six months seems like a stretch unless they have a near-unlimited supply of labor that can work round the clock.

• Like 1