Funky Pink Building On Hardy Toll Rd.

I did not know where to post this so I decided to roll with Historic Houston. There is a very odd, three-story, dark pink building on the east side of the North Hardy Toll Road. I used to drive to Spring regularly for a former job and passed it all the time. I cannot remember what exits it was near. At first I thought it was a church because of the steep-pitched roof, then a restaurant, then a club. Back in 2004-05, there appeared to be construction going on but everything stopped abruptly and the building materials that were left there began to rot. It also has a lot of decorative black wrought iron on it including a fence. Has anyone ever seen this structure and if so, do you know what it is or was intended to be? I have asked several people who've seen it but no one has any info on it. Do you? Just wondering.

I did not know where to post this so I decided to roll with Historic Houston. There is a very odd, three-story, dark pink building on the east side of the North Hardy Toll Road. I used to drive to Spring regularly for a former job and passed it all the time. I cannot remember what exits it was near. At first I thought it was a church because of the steep-pitched roof, then a restaurant, then a club. Back in 2004-05, there appeared to be construction going on but everything stopped abruptly and the building materials that were left there began to rot. It also has a lot of decorative black wrought iron on it including a fence. Has anyone ever seen this structure and if so, do you know what it is or was intended to be? I have asked several people who've seen it but no one has any info on it. Do you? Just wondering.

This place?

HardyBuilding.jpg

This building is only a few years old and is, as previously mentioned, rather cheaply constructed. It is located at the intersection of Cromwell and the Hardy Toll Road. I think the original purpose was as the office for some sort of building contractor who may have gone bust or had something else happen. I have no idea as to what its fate will ultimately be. It seems to me it was originally designed to stand out, which it does splendidly.

I live in the neighborhood and am more than familiar with it.

No.

That house is very white,the house in question is dark pink and is located at E.Hardy Rd & Crestline St

Thank you. I wasn't sure if the previously posted structure was pink at one time. This is the structure...

Hardybldg.jpg

It's listed as a 12,000 square foot apartment building bulit in 2002.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if the previously posted structure was pink at one time. This is the structure...

Hardybldg.jpg

It's listed as a 12,000 square foot apartment building bulit in 2002.

Ok...this is also in close proximity to me. It is an apartment building. I remember when it was being built...what they were building it woth is more like the material one would use to build a tool shed (read: CHEAP).

For those not familiar, it is located on the Hardy Toll northbound between Parker Rd. and Little York.

Ok...this is also in close proximity to me. It is an apartment building. I remember when it was being built...what they were building it woth is more like the material one would use to build a tool shed (read: CHEAP).

For those not familiar, it is located on the Hardy Toll northbound between Parker Rd. and Little York.

I KNEW someone would know what I was talking about. Yes, that IS the structure and it's still pink, albeit somewhat faded after all these years. I definitely got the impression it was cheaply built and I started seeing it around June 2003 while there was still some construction going on. This place does not look like an apartment building to me. It does look like they put in a driveway because before, there was only dirt and scrappy grass with building materials and some black wrought iron scattered around. I was convinced it was either a church or a restaurant that never opened. An apartment, not so much. It sure does not look occupied. I think it may have been 're-purposed' after the original intention failed.

• The title was changed to Funky Pink Building On Hardy Toll Rd.

Archived