Sidewalk Improvements On W. Gray St.

Unfortunately the sidewalks in front of CVS will not be expanded under this program... seems like a critical part of the project to better link Post Midtown. Same thing happened with Mcgowen street improvents... it did not extend to the coffee groundz retail center. these are only a couple blocks but i think they are important parts to both projects.

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately the sidewalks in front of CVS will not be expanded under this program... seems like a critical part of the project to better link Post Midtown. Same thing happened with Mcgowen street improvents... it did not extend to the coffee groundz retail center. these are only a couple blocks but i think they are important parts to both projects.

The sidewalks are looking very good, lots of room to walk. However, after seeing those unexpanded sidewalks in front of CVS with just the east corner redone, it makes me think if the dirstrict should look into some sort of fund raiser to properly finish the project.

Anyone with a construction background know how much it would be to redo this one side of one city block (without the redoing the corners)? You would have to see the other sidewalks around this area to understand the level of improvement I am talking about.

Also, the western corner will be redone when Bagby Street is re-worked.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with the midtown redevelopment authority. Although the east and west corner of the block between brazos and bagby along grey will be redone soon, it will be about 12 months until the sidewalk in between is redone.

This portion of the sidewalk will be included in the Midtown Park re-do which is scheduled in about 12 months.

I was wondering about cost and they said it costs $650,000 for 10 block fronts. So that is $65,000 a block. But, most of the detail and laber is in the corners of the blocks so I am guessing it would be about $25,000 just to re-do that middle section? Seems expensive but is a crucial part of the project that needs to be re-done.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to W. Gray Sidewalk Improvements
  • The title was changed to Sidewalk Improvements On W. Gray St.

Archived