Atomic Ranch Visits Houston

texasdago

That is fantastic news!  Can't wait to read it.  I love that magazine, but it gets a little tiresome reading about SoCal so much of the time...

Jason

Jason,

Once your house is restored, you should really send them a picture for their Home Page section.

The issue is that they publish the content they have... if the only people who share photographs and stories with them are from SoCal, that's what they'll publish. I do know that besides Houston, the recently went to Denver for a photo shoot.

The best way for SoCal not to dominate their pages is to give them content from other states. Personally, I love the architecture in SoCal so it doesn't bother me but I agree a mix is nice.

Thanks a lot! We'll make sure that this is not their only trip to Houston. Once the word gets out about this cool magazine it won't be quite so regional. It's just a matter of covering their home territory and making a name for themselves until the rest of the nation starts to notice and subscribe and send in more ideas to them. I love their magazine and I'm proud that we've got some appreciation coming our way in Houston from them.

Jason

Jason,

Once your house is restored, you should really send them a picture for their Home Page section.

The issue is that they publish the content they have... if the only people who share photographs and stories with them are from SoCal, that's what they'll publish.  I do know that besides Houston, the recently went to Denver for a photo shoot. 

The best way for SoCal not to dominate their pages is to give them content from other states.  Personally, I love the architecture in SoCal so it doesn't bother me but I agree a mix is nice.

You nailed it... they have so much to choose from in their own backyard that publishing all the SoCal content enabled them to make a splash.

To me, the positive aspect of their trip is that it should provide some good publicity for the often-maligned Space City.

Another nice local example of mid-century revival is the Fox television station on Westpark near Newcastle. It always reminds me of a 1950s airport. Also, there is a small office building on Montrose a little south of Alabama that was updated a couple years back in a modern style that is very nice.

Btw the chair in that magazine cover is pretty cool.

vend_atomicranch.jpg

There's a very cool office space just inside the loop on Richmond near the RR tracks that just went up. It's all glass and so far it's unoccupied.

Jason

Another nice local example of mid-century revival is the Fox television station on Westpark near Newcastle.  It always reminds me of a 1950s airport.  Also, there is a small office building on Montrose a little south of Alabama that was updated a couple years back in a modern style that is very nice. 

Btw the chair in that magazine cover is pretty cool.

vend_atomicranch.jpg

Archived