Please Don't Purchase Anheuser-Busch Products

Fringe

Sorry, but Houston is in a better position than the State of Texas. We'd be in an even better position if we didn't send so much money to Austin that was then pumped off to rural areas of the state.

Name one thing that Perry has done that you think is wonderful? Can anyone name just ONE? He's been in office for a very long time and NOTHING pops into my mind. Heck, our own Republican controlled budget committee up in Austin has warned of the dire consequences of this new proposed budget. Google the findings. Staggering number of job losses and lost revenue. Things are about to get a lot worse...

The only reason why I hope he runs for president is because it would keep him from running for governor again.

I think White did a great job as far as being mayor goes, as far as bankrupting the city, I don't think there are many cities that are out there that didn't suffer a budget issue when the recession hit.

Sorry, but Houston is in a better position than the State of Texas. We'd be in an even better position if we didn't send so much money to Austin that was then pumped off to rural areas of the state.

Name one thing that Perry has done that you think is wonderful? Can anyone name just ONE? He's been in office for a very long time and NOTHING pops into my mind. Heck, our own Republican controlled budget committee up in Austin has warned of the dire consequences of this new proposed budget. Google the findings. Staggering number of job losses and lost revenue. Things are about to get a lot worse...

I dont like Rick Perry - Im surprised you did not gleam that from the part where I said "I dont care for Perry at all"

BUT - Rick Perry is STILL better than Bill White...unless your an illegal immigrant, in which case you like White better.

If you have a burning desire to blame someone for Texas jobs, you need not look much farther than Obama. Obama is directly responsible for most of the private sector job losses in Texas - Nearly all of them stem from the drilling moratorium in one way or another. Texas and Texans have no control over the terrible choices that Washington makes.

I dont like Rick Perry - Im surprised you did not gleam that from the part where I said "I dont care for Perry at all"

BUT - Rick Perry is STILL better than Bill White...unless your an illegal immigrant, in which case you like White better.

If you have a burning desire to blame someone for Texas jobs, you need not look much farther than Obama. Obama is directly responsible for most of the private sector job losses in Texas - Nearly all of them stem from the drilling moratorium in one way or another. Texas and Texans have no control over the terrible choices that Washington makes.

I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt (voted McCain), but he totally lost me at the overreaction of the of the oil spill and some really bad international decisions.

Frankly, I don't see his connection of white embracing Illegal aliens. Personally, I like the policy (overall) that just because a person walks up to an officer, he isn't going to get an instant background check.

Now, if the guy has been arrested for a crime, THEN that should be run. There is a difference between being innocent before being proven guilty, but at least wait until the cuffs are on before the check should be made.

Hmmmm......so much for the "don't purchase Annheuser-Busch" discussion.

Hmmmm......so much for the "don't purchase Annheuser-Busch" discussion.

I was thinking the samething when I realized what thread I just posted on.

Anyone like a good guinness?

Sobriety left me a message and it misses me.

I was thinking the samething when I realized what thread I just posted on.

Anyone like a good guinness?

Sobriety left me a message and it misses me.

Actually boycotting AB is probably the easiest thing I've ever done. I will "suffer" however when I ask for St. Arnies at a bar and leave or order a coke when they say they do not carry it. To relieve my suffering, what bars carry St. Arnolds?

Great. Guess I don't get out enough.

Nope, that's not it. Its selection bias. Highway6 just doesn't go to the kinds of bars where people don't care how they get drunk.

Also, to AB InBev's credit, the King Cobra 40oz is a gift bestowed to the poor.

Nope, that's not it. Its selection bias. Highway6 just doesn't go to the kinds of bars where people don't care how they get drunk.

Also, to AB InBev's credit, the King Cobra 40oz is a gift bestowed to the poor.

I've actually tried King Cobra (and 20/20) out of cheer curiosity.

Vile, vile stuff.

Well.. I did stipulate the kind of bar I was referring to was a pub. But True.

Cecils, Tavern, Royal Oak, Harp, Baker's St - Village, Gingerbread, Brian 'O Neils, Kelvin Arms.. they'll all have it.

I think the list of pubs in central Houston that don't have it would be a shorter list.... I don't think the Black Lab or Poison Girl had St Arnolds last time I was there, but I could be mistaken since I don't always order St. Arnolds.

Well.. I did stipulate the kind of bar I was referring to was a pub. But True.

Cecils, Tavern, Royal Oak, Harp, Baker's St - Village, Gingerbread, Brian 'O Neils, Kelvin Arms.. they'll all have it.

I think the list of pubs in central Houston that don't have it would be a shorter list.... I don't think the Black Lab or Poison Girl had St Arnolds last time I was there, but I could be mistaken since I don't always order St. Arnolds.

Yeah, I really had something in mind more along the lines of the D&W Lounge.

So umm, yeah...selection bias.

Archived