Post Your Ride!

LTAWACS

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah....the TT was amusing, but it was also a parts eating monstrosity, and the dealers around here are hell for service....I got rid of it because it was about to be out of warranty. 

Tell your friend that a former Audi owner says to go look at the Mazda 3 hatchback.....nice little car, and you can get it with high end options like Nav and HIDs.....he might also look at the Lexus IS 300 Sport Cross.  I won't be buying another VW/Audi product for a long while....they have superb fit and finish, but reliabilty sucks.  Resale is crappy too....I bought my TT when it was 3 years old, I paid just over half what the original owner paid....and it was low mileage (about 14k miles below where it should have been).  When I sold it a year and 3 months later, it was worth another $4k less than what I paid, and it still had low mileage.  It would have been about $3k worse if I hadn't stolen it from the previous owner.

Yeah, I think you're probably right, but she wants all-wheel drive, plus Audis are so good-looking.

Red Scare you've had a lot of cars! Do you just like to change out a lot? I've had my current one four years. My truck before that I kept for eight years. Before that was a Prelude for five years.

:P

Yeah, for awhile there, I did. Actually, sometimes I had two at a time. The 74 Jeep and the 78 Bronco were projects, so I had a commuter car as well.

I must be growing out of it, though. The Boxster I kept for 5 years, and I've had the Tundra for 2, with no plans to get rid of it. I'm getting really tired of car notes.

Hey MetroMatt, is that metallic paint? I think metallic is the one that changes color.

My friend's Electron Blue Civic SI was a metallic paint.

Metallic paints don't so much change color as sparkle. Pearlescent paints/layers will change color. Then of course you can have both....my Audi (Raven Black) was a pearlescent metallic paint....although the metallic flakes were smaller than normal, so you had to get up pretty close to see it was a metallic, and the color only shifted a bit since it was black.

My friend's Electron Blue Civic SI was a metallic paint. 

Metallic paints don't so much change color as sparkle.  Pearlescent paints/layers will change color.  Then of course you can have both....my Audi (Raven Black) was a pearlescent metallic paint....although the metallic flakes were smaller than normal, so you had to get up pretty close to see it was a metallic, and the color only shifted a bit since it was black.

ahh yes, pearlescent, thats it, I wasn't sure if it was metallic or pearlescent. Thanks.

:P

Yeah, for awhile there, I did.  Actually, sometimes I had two at a time.  The 74 Jeep and the 78 Bronco were projects, so I had a commuter car as well.

I must be growing out of it, though.  The Boxster I kept for 5 years, and I've had the Tundra for 2, with no plans to get rid of it.  I'm getting really tired of car notes.

Yeah, I've known a couple of people with the frequent car-buying habit. My brother-in-law mentioned that he had bought 12 cars in 14 years, but he got over it.

Didn't you say she wanted an A3?  They're not bringing over any Quattro (all wheel drive) A3s.....

AWD is amusing, however....my next car (Infiniti FX45) will have it.

They will bring over the AWD VR6 version starting late this year or next. It was in Autoweek magazine a couple weeks ago, and they are the last people that would lie about that kind of thing. :) The FX45 is nice.

Just saw pictures of the new S-Class. Hmmmm...

(Thanks Editor!!)

I like the classic sport cars:

Aston Martin DB5

Toyota 2000GT

Jaguar E-Type V12

My first car was a Maserati Mistral.. never got it running. :( After that I owned 3 MGBs all at the same time. Only kept one running. The others were for parts. :)

I didn't remember the spoiler on his being that obnoxious.....ohwell.  Those wheels certainly aren't stock.

The wing on my car is the factory Si wing. The wheels are forged aluminum racing wheels, which means they weight almost half of what the factory ones weight & are many times stronger. My Civic is far from being "riced out"

The color is called Electron Blue Pearl, & yes it changes colors from a bright metallic blue in direct sunlight, to a deep purplish tint in low light.

Pretty cool, I think someone down the street from me has that color or something close to it. Except their car is a VW Bug..

My thoughts exactly. Nice ride Matt. What all have you done to it so far, and any future plans?

Engine:

AEM Cold Air Intake

Type R intake manifold

DC Sports 4-1 header

DC Sports cat-back exhaust

AEM adjustable cam gears

AEM underdrive pulley kit

ACT heavy duty clutch

NGK Iridium spark plugs

MSD spark plug wires

Suspension:

Eibach Sportline lowering springs

Koni "Yellow" Sport shocks

Ingalls Engineering front & rear alignment kit

DC Sports rear strut tower brace

Exterior:

VIS Racing carbon fiber hood

15x7 forged Motegi wheels

205/50-15 Kumho Ecsta tires

8000K HID headlights

Interior:

B&M short throw shifter

B&M Type R style aluminum shift knob

Prothane eurethane shifter bushings

Kenwood eXcelon CD/MP3/WMA player

Polk Audio db series 6 1/2 components

Polk Audio db series 3 way 6x9's

MTX 10" subs

MTX amp

Coming soon:

Port & polished cylinder head

Crane stage 3 cams

Ferrea valvetrain

Forged pistons & rods

MSD ignition

Sparco Racing seats

Sway Bars

Here are the mods on my WRX.

Engine/Performance:

Cobb Accessport (Engine Management)

Helix Flex Uppipe

TXS Stealthback Exhaust w/ high flow cat

Grounding Mod

Restictor Mod

Air Box Mod

APS Intercooler Y-hose

Electronics:

Blitz Turbo Timer - FATT

Sylvania SilverStar Headlamps

Exterior:

Clear Side Marker

Mesh Fog Light Covers

Vinyl Headlight Lids

Bugeye Headlight Clear Mod

Suspension/Brakes:

Whiteline Strut Tower Bars (Front and Back)

Cobb 25mm Adj. Rear Sway Bar

Cobb Front Sway Bar

Perrin Solid Rear Endlinks

Axis Brake Pads

Goodyear Stainless Steel Brakelines

Wheels:

17"x 7.5 Rota Torques (Bronze)

Kuhmo MX 225/45 Tires

My short term plans are for a short throw shifter, Prodrive springs, and some more exterior detailing (painting and removing roof rack mainly).

If that isn't riced out, I don't know what is.....

Engine:

AEM Cold Air Intake

Type R intake manifold

DC Sports 4-1 header

DC Sports cat-back exhaust

AEM adjustable cam gears

AEM underdrive pulley kit

ACT heavy duty clutch

NGK Iridium spark plugs

MSD spark plug wires

Suspension:

Eibach Sportline lowering springs

Koni "Yellow" Sport shocks

Ingalls Engineering front & rear alignment kit

DC Sports rear strut tower brace

Exterior:

VIS Racing carbon fiber hood

15x7 forged Motegi wheels

205/50-15 Kumho Ecsta tires

8000K HID headlights

Interior:

B&M short throw shifter

B&M Type R style aluminum shift knob

Prothane eurethane shifter bushings

Kenwood eXcelon CD/MP3/WMA player

Polk Audio db series 6 1/2 components

Polk Audio db series 3 way 6x9's

MTX 10" subs

MTX amp

Coming soon:

Port & polished cylinder head

Crane stage 3 cams

Ferrea valvetrain

Forged pistons & rods

MSD ignition

Sparco Racing seats

Sway Bars

Please don't blind everybody else on the road with a half assed HID hackjob. If you're going to do it, then do it right, get projector beam assemblies that were designed to be used with an HID capsule and modify them to go into your headlight housings, then properly level them. You'll get better lighting out of that setup, in addition to not blinding everybody else.

How much was your HID conversion? I've been looking to convert mine to HID, right now I only have silverstars, but when I checked it was in the price zone of about $500.

Please don't blind everybody else on the road with a half assed HID hackjob.  If you're going to do it, then do it right, get projector beam assemblies that were designed to be used with an HID capsule and modify them to go into your headlight housings, then properly level them.  You'll get better lighting out of that setup, in addition to not blinding everybody else.

Yeah I was planning on getting a retrofit projector installed, because I know how it can be to have a bright blue light shine right into your eye when you're driving.

:singing: "..jealousy.. sweet jealousy.."

You mean to tell me that on both your Rotaries, you left them stock? hmmmm?

All the mods to my RX-7s are/were for purposes of performance....not appearance. The only mods that altered appearance was the addition of a boost gauge in each car so that I could monitor what the turbo(s) are doing. Besides....RX-7s are actually sports cars.

My definition of rice is: Altezza tail lights, undercarriage neon, wiper LEDs, grapefruit cannon, monster wing and oversized gauges.

Vinyl can look good but often puts cars in the rice category as well.

I appreciate the honda listed above.

I always understood 'riced out' to mean the technical or performance mods that turned the little rice burners into rockets...similar to the rods you occasionally see racing in SoCal on TV. The appearance mods were often described as 'pimped out'

Perhaps everyone has his/her own definition.

I always understood 'riced out' to mean the technical or performance mods that turned the little rice burners into rockets...similar to the rods you occasionally see racing in SoCal on TV.  The appearance mods were often described as 'pimped out'

Perhaps everyone has his/her own definition.

Check out

http://www.ricecop.com/

Marty

Archived