Sign in to follow this  
Timnwendy

Dairy Queen coming to Pearland Towncenter

A Dairy Queen is being built between Popeye's and Burger King on Broadway just in front of the Pearland Towncenter. Ground has broken and I'd guesstimate it may open by late summer/early fall 2011.

Dairy Queen, Popeye's, Burger King. Pearlanders will have no reason to ever leave their city any more.

Dairy Queen, Popeye's, Burger King.

I never thought reading words on an internet post could give me heartburn.

Hope it all lasts though...On Highway 6 in Mo. City, Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings bit the dust

There;s a Carl's Jr. and a 5 Guys right next to each other....alot of competition

Hasn't something already closed in the Town Center already?

Hasn't something already closed in the Town Center already?

Yes, the Arby's closed down. Also, I think one or two of the wine-bars imbedded in the Towncenter itself have closed down. I agree the competition is fierce. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more casualties.

Yes, the Arby's closed down. Also, I think one or two of the wine-bars imbedded in the Towncenter itself have closed down. I agree the competition is fierce. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more casualties.

Me too. As to why to leave the Pearland area, it's because there's still not a Steak 'n' Shake. The only ones are at Eldridge and 290 and way out the Katy Freeway.

Some of the stores have closed. Brooks Brothers was a fairly high-profile casualty.

Steak and Shake is trying to come Pearland, according to a manager in Katy; they are waiting on a deal to go through on the property next to Red Lobster.

Steak and Shake is trying to come Pearland, according to a manager in Katy; they are waiting on a deal to go through on the property next to Red Lobster.

I heard that this deal went through - but I cant confirm.

As for the competition, it is kind of crazy: Mooyah, Red Robin and Five Guys; Buger King, Carl Jr's, and McDonalds, two Hibachis across the street from each other, Freebirds and Chipotle.

Also, I wish someone would just purchase that Arbys and renovate it. It seems like its was only open for a quick minute and then was shut down. Now its just taking up space.

It's one of the few places in Houston metro (one of three, I think, one of which isn't open yet) that serves Orange Julius. Wow.

Luby’s is also breaking ground this month on a first new build-hybrid concept in Pearland that will feature a Luby’s and Fuddruckers side by side @ 11023 Shadow Creek Pkwy