Freetail Brew Pub

I am wondering what everyone thinks about the new brewpub that's coming to downtown? Does anyone think that it will help bring in good revenue? Clean up some eyesores around the city? Any speculation as to where it will open? I am hoping it's in the old St. Pete's Dancing Marlin building at the corner of Main and Preston.

http://blog.chron.com/beertx/2011/05/houston-we-have-a-brewpub-again-finally/

My sources say at or near Main and Prairie. Possibilites are the old Glo club or the building around the corner on Prairie. It can't be the building on the corner, because upper floors are occupied.

Wilson Stationary Building?

My sources say at or near Main and Prairie. Possibilites are the old Glo club or the building around the corner on Prairie. It can't be the building on the corner, because upper floors are occupied.

I have heard the same thing though I don't really know if that's the best area for them. I know they are going to renovate the building at the corner of Fannin and Prarie and I was thinking that it'd be nice to renovate the boarded building to the right of it on Prarie but that might be too much for renovations.

I think that St. Pete's building would be better since it's on Main at a train stop and they are starting to attract more businesses and restaurants to the Market Square area. Plus he was staying at the Icon across the street and it may be better to put it there once the Icon is under new management and ownership

Even though I rarely go downtown I welcome a Houston brew pub and hope they do well. I'm just afraid there's to many Bud and Miller Light people in H town for a brew pub to survive.

I don't know, there are a lot of pubs opening inside the loop that have a great selection of beer other than Bud, Miller and all those. I think that the craft beer movement is pretty good here - I just think that they need to make some really good beer and advertise themselves

I don't know, there are a lot of pubs opening inside the loop that have a great selection of beer other than Bud, Miller and all those. I think that the craft beer movement is pretty good here - I just think that they need to make some really good beer and advertise themselves

According the freetail people, they are looking at 3 floors and 20,000 feet. I would love to see them somewhere along Main. There is definitely a brew pub market here, the problem with lots of brew pubs in the past is that the beer sucked.

"As for details, he's still a bit vague. 'The exact location cannot be revealed right, but it is a historic building at a great intersection . . . (that) won't be a far walk from the new Dynamo stadium.'"

Not much there but, does anyone know of historic 3 story buildings in the area?

Link

What about that bar that has a outside patio on the second floor next to the Subway at Main and Preston. The patio overlooks that parking lot. Is that bar still open? I don't think it is.

You are talking about where Live Sports Bar used to be. That place hasn't been opened since after Hurricane Ike - that was kind of their last hurrah since they were the only bar in downtown that didnt have any damage and had a kitchen (though I admittedly don't remember if Market Square Grill was affected or not). A buddy of mine think that'll be a good spot and it might be but I think that they won't have enough room to brew their beer onsite, though I could be wrong.

"As for details, he's still a bit vague. 'The exact location cannot be revealed right, but it is a historic building at a great intersection . . . (that) won't be a far walk from the new Dynamo stadium.'"

Not much there but, does anyone know of historic 3 story buildings in the area?

Link

I really don't know if any of those buildings over there are - I mean there are a couple of loft conversions that could be and if so, it couldn't be too far off base, but I really can't think of a "great intersection" over there. Plus Mayor Parker and Boby Eury of the Downtown District both mentioned it being a great addition to the Downtown retailers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wilson Stationary Building?

I believe it could be 500 Fannin. Based upon some of the articles I have read describing it this location seems to be a very likely fit.

I am wondering what everyone thinks about the new brewpub that's coming to downtown? Does anyone think that it will help bring in good revenue? Clean up some eyesores around the city? Any speculation as to where it will open? I am hoping it's in the old St. Pete's Dancing Marlin building at the corner of Main and Preston.

http://blog.chron.com/beertx/2011/05/houston-we-have-a-brewpub-again-finally/

Sounds like just another bar... hate to say it but it'll prolly fail.

Archived