cafe Bello closed

Someone said that they got an offer they couldn't refuse. Whatever that means. I wouldn't call it an unlucky location. LaStrada was there for years. Other than fire and the keeping of bad tax records, they lasted for quite some time.

not sure if opening what seems to be a pretty standard tex-mex joint in that location is a bright idea... i mean, how many tex-mex joints can that area really handle? what that area really needs is a legit chinese spot.

Ruby Tequilia's & El Patio in Midtown, El Real, Cafe Adobe, two places on Fairview, several on Richmond and the one on Montrose between Gray & Dallas. They'll probably put the taco truck, that parks in the lot next to Mango's, out of business.

Well, at least Felix is becoming sushi.

not sure if opening what seems to be a pretty standard tex-mex joint in that location is a bright idea... i mean, how many tex-mex joints can that area really handle? what that area really needs is a legit chinese spot.

A sit down Chinese would be great! But a great BBQ place might be better. . . . . . . . . .

I have eaten at the one in Seabrook a few times. Good, not anything special and I bet they don't last long. The building itself IMO was half the reason La Strada and Cafe Bello failed. It's just not a good layout/design.

No, Mango's is mostly a vegetarian restaurant...and really more of a concert venue.

Ah - didnt know that -- last time I went it was an off-shoot of El Pueblito -- and it was terrible (which is why I didnt go back)...but that was several years ago...

• 2 months later...

Archived