Contemporary Arts Museum Houston At 5216 Montrose Blvd.

One of the blogs I follow, Brand New, has done an extensive piece about CAMH's new logo, which originates from the shape of the building.

The old logo was a literal representation of the building and it did it in a completely unappealing way. In contrast, the new logo is an interpretation of the building and its attitude is far more challenging — a much more accurate representation of what contemporary art is supposed to be and do (sometimes).

Linky: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/ucllc/brandnew

Here's the before and after:

camh_logo.gif

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Normally, I don't share these things - especially on a public forum - but I think this might interest quite a few people...

The daily deals site Groupon is offering a deal for an annual pass to the Contemporary Arts Museum - Houston today. The individual membership, which normally costs $75, is being offered for $35. The latter is (perhaps coincidentally) the normal price for artists/students/seniors.

Just thought I'd put that out there, in case anyone's interested.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
  • The title was changed to Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Contemporary Arts Museum Houston At 5216 Montrose Blvd.