I found this project after looking through Emporis located at http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=faulkn...-houston-tx-usa

Found it in a bizjournal article also.. http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto.../08/story2.html

In addition, a limited liability company connected to Austin-based FaulknerUSA Inc. has taken title from Joseph DeBakey to a three-acre tract next to the 31-story Dominion apartment tower, near the Galleria Mall. The 2525 McCue site is home to the 43-year-old Marquee Apartments, which are currently being torn down.

No renderings anywhere.. This might be listed under a differnt name, but if it is atleast somebody can update Emporis.

If this is posted somewhere else plz move thanks =)

Thanks,

c4smok

• Like 1

I happen to have driven by that site and was surprised to see a vacant lot there. I had asked a local resident if they knew what was going on and they were just in the dark as well.

As far as I know, this is a project that has come out of no where if it is, in fact, true.

i was told that the old marquee was torn down due to mold and then the land sold so that makes sense...they did place down a sprinkler system and now grass is covering the lot that is now surrounded by fencing.

worse i hear my building just across the street was just sold this past month for 4 million and i will be asked to move soon

:(

looks like mccue will be high rise central soon enough but finding it hard to believe that all these places will be filled...

• 3 years later...

Millennium-Galleria.jpg?v=1

Dinerstein cracks Galleria area with first multifamily complex:

Dinerstein’s third Millennium-branded apartment project in the Houston area will rise at 2525 McCue, on the north side of the Galleria. The 237-unit complex is adjacent to the site of a 380,000-square-foot office building under development by Redstone Cos

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2011/04/29/dinerstein-cracks-galleria-area-with.htmlhttp://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2011/04/29/dinerstein-cracks-galleria-area-with.html

Edited by Sellanious Caesar

It seems the site of the old Marquee Apartments on McCue right across Westheimer from the Galleria was sold. There's already a really basic idea of what's going to go up there:

Millennium-Galleria.jpg?v=1

They are saying it's going to be a 237 unit apartment building.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2011/04/29/dinerstein-cracks-galleria-area-with.html

This is the same company responsible for Millenium Greenway, that new-ish apartment building that wraps around the Chevron station at Wesleyan and 59.

The site is the one that backs up to the 2200 Post Oak site.

Edited by Golyadkin

• 3 months later...

These cookie cutter apartments are becoming just as ubiquitous as 24hr check cashing places and the strip malls in which they reside. Ugh.

I'd much prefer these apartments then a strip mall.

If I lived in them, I could walk to everything I would ever need. The place I'm moving to only has a Target, Subway, & a Freebirds in walking distance, and it's in the loop!

• 3 weeks later...

in a semi related story, i used to live at 2320 mccue Carriage Square and a guy bought those and really fixed that place up and it looks amazing...he also purchased The Marquis next door and is now redoing those as well! Mccue is really shaping up! (I still live on mccue by the way...)

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

The site notice says they will be finished in April of 2013, while the big sign says Fall 2012. :huh:

DSC_0214.jpg

And the Marquee West continues to look like crap:

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

I've got $20 that says that it's demolished within 5 years to make room for another one of these cookie cutter high end apartment places.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This is across the street from where the old McCue homestead was located. The McCue home was a single story wood structure with wide porches facing both Westheimer and McCue, and set back from the corner. There were large oak trees lining the property and the driveway, leading up to the house. Apartments had completely filled in both sides of the street by the middle of the 60's. (Mr. & Mrs. McCue were rewarded quite handsomely for their property)

I love to interject my random historical comments to these types of threads, because I can, and the moderaters let me. :)

• Like 2

i wanted to add two things...

1st, the old Marquee west is not called Marquee Uptown i believe but its looking fantastic as the new owner has completely remodeled all units, the lobby and pool area as well as the grounds in general...(this is also the owner of adjacent Carriage Square which he also updated and looks much better)

2nd, the new parking structure(?) of 2525 mccue seems to be shoved almost directly next to the Dominion's infinity pool area...i wonder how that is being received haha!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

man this place is really coming along and looks to be finished any month now... but wow the units on the ground floor that ARE finished have teeny tiny living rooms and bedrooms...it will be interesting to see if that is the norm or if there are floor plans with larger rooms....