Sign in to follow this  
brian0123

Post Midtown Phase III

Now, are they building on ALL the empty lots?

I am assuming this is the area they are talking about.

Link

Link

As snarky as Niche's reply was.. I think he's right. The location you mapped wouldn't make sense - They would have to be on Gray or Webster for that much retail to make sense.

I think the old Houstonist article is correct - on the 3 blocks right next to Post II - bounded by Webster, Gray and Valentine

And Holy @!$@.. streetview is working for the first time in a yr. Well, that was a fluke. Nevermind.

Edited by Highway6

Link

I think the area you have mapped out may be for Scout's Square phase 2 which will also add more retail and apartments. That is scheduled to start early 2012 but I don't know how much street level retail that will include.

So between Post Phase III and Scout's Square (just Phase I, not including Phase II), Midtown will be adding 60,000 + square feet of street level retail in about a 1.25 years, and I think 50,000 of it will be open in September 2011 as part of Scout's Square Phase 1.

Edited by DrLan34

I really like Post Midtown. Great eats & drinks. The shopping was great last time I went. And that one place where you can bring your own wine, whats not to love? However, the Lambo's that think they own the streets are quite annoying.

What blocks are Phase III going on?

If you look at the original rendering from http://innerlooped.c...town-phase-iii/ you can see the Continental building in the background... so it looks like the "front" of the building will be facing away from Downtown.

Just a visual of where it seems like the development will be going: http://www.flickr.co...N06/5690886833/

I wonder if they will close off Mathew St. as well...

Edited by DrLan34

If you look at the original rendering from http://innerlooped.c...town-phase-iii/ you can see the Continental building in the background... so it looks like the "front" of the building will be facing away from Downtown.

Just a visual of where it seems like the development will be going: http://www.flickr.co...N06/5690886833/

I wonder if they will close off Mathew St. as well...

the front "point" of that rendering looks like it would fit well where W Gray and Webster split off from each other as you drive towards downtown

yes yes yes. this is great. So I think the location of this will be south of grey, north of webster, east of Matthews, and to the west of the existing post buildinds.

that woman's house on o'neil is going to be in an interesting situation, a 4 story apartment building surrounding it on most sides, more people walking/driving around, more noise from the retail, and bye bye sun. However, i live in fourth ward and don't understand how that article says that some residents are upset of the o'neil/cushing road closures (north/south of webster/west grey). Those two roads are used by no one, well except the lady that lives in that house.

that woman's house on o'neil is going to be in an interesting situation, a 4 story apartment building surrounding it on most sides, more people walking/driving around, more noise from the retail, and bye bye sun. However, i live in fourth ward and don't understand how that article says that some residents are upset of the o'neil/cushing road closures (north/south of webster/west grey). Those two roads are used by no one, well except the lady that lives in that house.

I kinda' wish they'd close off Valentine as well. Lord knows how many cars I've almost clipped because they can't see around those parked cars. Turn it into a bike parking lot or park.

That little old lady is going to be sitting pretty if she finally decides to sell.

That little old lady is going to be sitting pretty if she finally decides to sell.

I've heard she has no plans to do so (apparently her church is right across the street). My guess is she'll live in it until she dies... then her relatives will sell it and the old house could become a bar like Komodos.

The cross roads are really used by the church members and are a major pain in the rear. It looks like they are going to keep the road and have the building go over it (based on the road work I've seen them complete). And yes, the little old lady (very nice by the way) has no intention of moving - and they offered her a substantial amount of money to do so. It's going to look odd - maybe. Personally, I think they are building the western end first and hoping she will get fed up with all the construction and decide to sell in the end. That property value is going to be cut in half (at least) once built around. Oh well...

Walked by earlier and saw a cement truck pulling onto the site. I wish I could see what the design blueprint looks like with that old house right there lol.

It'll sort of be like that house in Riverway, nestled right in between office buildings and the Omni Hotel.

I just noticed a sign for Post Midtown Phase IV, which is where the trailor for the construction project is currently located

Post Midtown Phase IV will begin Summer of 2012. It will include apartments and parking according to the contact on the varience request. Seems quite small for all that on that small triangular piece of land...

Post Midtown Phase IV will begin Summer of 2012. It will include apartments and parking according to the contact on the varience request. Seems quite small for all that on that small triangular piece of land...

That is a rather small patch, I wonder if the parking is going to be extended across the street? I'd like to get my hands on those renderings.

Interesting! I love the fact that even that small area will be upgraded to something good. Too bad Post couldn't buy the block at Bagby and Gray before CVS did....

I took a few pics of Phase III this morning from the second story of my building in Post Midtown looking west. On the far side you can see concrete is poured and it's starting to rise. Not the greatest pics in the world...

100_0650.jpg

100_0651.jpg

100_0652.jpg