Pappas Bar-B-Q At 1217 Pierce St.

lockmat

The 4/14 Planning comission meeting agenda has an item for Pappas downtown. Anyone have an idea what in the world they could be doing?

A couple of the interesting conditions they must get for approval are:

030. Provide a fully dimensioned 15'x15' visibilty triangle at each street intersection.

and...

100. if this plat is proposed to be multi-family residential, it is subject to the Parks and Open Space requirements etc etc...

Benchmark engineering is the company listed. Pappas, the developer. This seems odd.

The 4/14 Planning comission meeting agenda has an item for Pappas downtown. Anyone have an idea what in the world they could be doing?

A couple of the interesting conditions they must get for approval are:

030. Provide a fully dimensioned 15'x15' visibilty triangle at each street intersection.

and...

100. if this plat is proposed to be multi-family residential, it is subject to the Parks and Open Space requirements etc etc...

Benchmark engineering is the company listed. Pappas, the developer. This seems odd.

That might explain some of the activity I've seen by the Pappas on San Jacinto. They leveled a building on the corner of St. Joseph's and San Jacinto a month or so ago, and appear to in the process of tearing down their outdoor cooking area, I think.

Very odd. Could it be that they are planning on closing the place, then expanding it and reopening it later?

• Like 1

That might explain some of the activity I've seen by the Pappas on San Jacinto. They leveled a building on the corner of St. Joseph's and San Jacinto a month or so ago, and appear to in the process of tearing down their outdoor cooking area, I think.

Very odd. Could it be that they are planning on closing the place, then expanding it and reopening it later?

I'm curious to know if the condition/requirement for the Open Park Space is a sure fire sign that it will be multi-family? The same requirement is needed for the Sawyer/Washington apartments going up.

• 3 months later...

You mean as in the Pappas BBQ place? What in the world would they be doing dabbling in MF real estate?

I think that a renovation to their existing building,additional parking, and a drive thru is a great idea for their downtown location.

• 1 month later...

Well, I just drove by it last night, it looked like the interior has been totally demo'ed. There has been additional equipment brought to the area and is parked to that other empty piece of land next to it, so I don't know what's going on.

• The title was changed to Pappas Restaurants/Multifamily?
  • The title was changed to Pappas Bar-B-Q At 1217 Pierce St.