Sunlawn Reel Mower/ Cordless Black and Decker Weed Eater

GuerrillaLandscape

I have a Sunlawn MM2 reel mower and a Black and Decker Cordless 18v String Trimmer and edger (weedeater) for sale.The Sunlawn MM2 model was designed to deal with thick turf grasses Bermuda and St. Augustine, a reel mower made for the southern grasses. The Black and Decker weedeater comes with two 18v rechargeable batteries and the charger. I've used the combo over the last two years to maintain my 'patch of grass' in an environmentally friendly manner, doing my best by using no more oil and gas than absolutely needed. Recently HOA took over all maintenance and I no longer get to use these and I'd rather them have a better home. Please reply only if interested. $125 obo

post-7616-0-71357000-1302636495_thumb.jp

post-7616-0-74221100-1302636513_thumb.jp

Quick question about the mower - what is the top bar/handle made of/covered with?

For anyone interested in these, fwiw, I use almost the exact same combo for my average size lawn and it is great - plus the only energy used is your own and the electricity to charge the battery.

Quick question about the mower - what is the top bar/handle made of/covered with?

For anyone interested in these, fwiw, I use almost the exact same combo for my average size lawn and it is great - plus the only energy used is your own and the electricity to charge the battery.

The entire handle is made of metal (more and likely powder coated green) with a neoprene style waterproof rubber padding. Anyone interested, please feel free to come test them out. This combo will not disappoint!

The entire handle is made of metal (more and likely powder coated green) with a neoprene style waterproof rubber padding. Anyone interested, please feel free to come test them out. This combo will not disappoint!

Come on, I know the environmentalist in you needs these items! I originally paid $180 for the mower and $90 for the weedeater. I'll let them go for $100 to the first taker....... $100 to never buy gas or oil for your lawn equipment again.

"Never buy oil or gas for my lawn equipment again, you say",

"Yes sir, that's what I said" and for Haif customers only, I'll even include delivery.

"Wow, now thats a deal." hahaha I'm to bored at work today. hahaha

Come on, I know the environmentalist in you needs these items! I originally paid $180 for the mower and $90 for the weedeater. I'll let them go for $100 to the first taker....... $100 to never buy gas or oil for your lawn equipment again.

"Never buy oil or gas for my lawn equipment again, you say",

"Yes sir, that's what I said" and for Haif customers only, I'll even include delivery.

"Wow, now thats a deal." hahaha I'm to bored at work today. hahaha

No oil? No way! You better take care of those blades. WD-40 or your water/rust-displacement material of choice after every use. Anyway, I already have one so I guess I don't need another.

I do my entire yard by hand, and it is great exercise. Plus it is a lot quieter. However, my 1930s reel mower will get bogged down in St Augustine if I let the lawn go for more than a week without mowing it.

Does the Sunlawn force you into this strict regimen?

My Scott's 16" does the same. It's never more than once per week though, maybe that is due to a mostly shaded yard.

I do my entire yard with a reel mower as well. I have no complaints, but it is true that if you let St Augustine grows really thick, it may take multiple passes to mow everything. I've really only found that to be an issue during the summer if it rains a lot.

One thing that's nice about reel mowers (besides the lack of gas and fumes) is they don't leave the tips of the grass blades shorn and brown like traditional mowers sometimes do, as the cut is more like scissors than a high-speed blender that roughs everything up.

I do my entire yard by hand, and it is great exercise. Plus it is a lot quieter. However, my 1930s reel mower will get bogged down in St Augustine if I let the lawn go for more than a week without mowing it.

Does the Sunlawn force you into this strict regimen?

I believe using any reel mower you need to stay on top of the lawn weekly because at the end of the day you are the one pushing it. Although I guarantee you the Sunlawn cuts better than your 1930's reel mower. The MM2 has 7 blades that never touch each other therefore requiring less blade maintenance, nicks, and sharpenings. You should come give it a test run. For $100 you'll never go back to the 30's style mowers again!

Archived