Construction At FM 1093 And Grand Parkway

Looks like ther is ground work for new construction on the NE corner of 1093 and Grand Parkway (across from the new Fort Bend County building). I heard quite a while back that this was going to be a shopping center. Does anyone have any details?

I suppose this is the beginnings of Grand Corners. From what I read, it is 100% leased with Bed, Bath and Beyond as the major tennant.

I believe that Grand Corners as it was originally planned is dead in the water.  That property was sold last year and this past March there was a hearing concerning a partial replat of the site, and the documentation showed that the owner is Cosmos Foundation, Inc.   It seems that Cosmos Foundation is a non-profit that runs Harmony schools throughout Texas.  

Further internet digging shows that on April 12 there is a public hearing to determine whether or not to issue some $90 million in bonds in order to loan CF the money  to build/upgrade various facilities throughout Texas, including:

"(34) financing certain costs for site improvements, design, construction, renovation, and/or equipment of educational facilities, including the construction of an approximately 59,500 square foot building, all located at Harmony Teacher School, Westpark Tollway at Grand Parkway, Katy, Texas"

When Grand Corners fell apart..I heard the Bed Bath beyond decided to move over next to the walmart. According to a past site plan from moodyrambin....a Bed bath store is suppose to go next to Kohls....I heard that it is not a bed bath and beyond...but will be a BuyBuyBaby...owned by Bed Bath Beyond....supposedly they are entering the Houston Market this year.... makes sense since they have stores at west oaks and katy mills...can anyone confirm?

• The title was changed to Construction At FM 1093 And Grand Parkway

Archived