Proposed Midtown Project

Highway6

Grabbed this screenshot from a small design firm in Atlanta.

It was only in their proposed works section, so who knows how old it is or what the story is behind it... It's kind of boring, but at least this has the height to get excited about if something like this were to ever come to Midtown.

16ga987.jpg

Our HAIF project update sheet has it as "canceled": http://www.towrs.com/wiki/index.php/New_Projects_In_Houston%2C_Texas

Emporis has listed it as "planned/proposed" and it was meant to be a medical facility or clinic: http://www.emporis.com/application/?nav=building&lng=3&id=3800main-houston-tx-usa

But the project at the height of the recession was probably scraped. Ah Houston, still waiting for something exciting to take off here. Seriously, transit, Regent Square, Boulevard Place, Earth Quest, something please just start already!!

Our HAIF project update sheet has it as "canceled": http://www.towrs.com...ouston%2C_Texas

Emporis has listed it as "planned/proposed" and it was meant to be a medical facility or clinic: http://www.emporis.c...-houston-tx-usa

But the project at the height of the recession was probably scraped. Ah Houston, still waiting for something exciting to take off here. Seriously, transit, Regent Square, Boulevard Place, Earth Quest, something please just start already!!

Same location, but it appears to be newer project... this one isn't 20 stories and medical/clinical.

Yep, totally different project than the original medical office tower.

With 1,275,000 square feet of office space, this thing would be HUGE. Seems VERY pie-in-the-sky to me but would love to see something like this happen someday. Just not sure this part of midtown could support it. The area around there is still kind of a no-man's land...

Midtown doesn't really have a lot of talls, if BG Group Place on Main Street was 1 Million Square Feet and this is a bit bigger, it would probably be around the same height or greater than BG Group Place. I'm all for this, I like to see talls go up but I also want to see some committed tenants or some thought out term as to who will occupy it before it gets built. No need to be like Dallas or Miami, building away without a care in the world.

I will say this though, this would look very nice in Neartown, next to that AIG Building, that area has a nice small yet surprisingly tall skyline. And of course, it would look great in Downtown, getting rid of more surface lots.

Question: Anyone here know how old this project is and where its headed?

Grabbed this screenshot from a small design firm in Atlanta.

It was only in their proposed works section, so who knows how old it is or what the story is behind it... It's kind of boring, but at least this has the height to get excited about if something like this were to ever come to Midtown.

16ga987.jpg

do you have a link from where you found it? i cant see the picture

do you have a link from where you found it? i cant see the picture

The site was flash.. had to grab a screenshot. I don't remember the full name of the firm.. you'll have to wait till i get home this evening to get the link to their site.

It's the elusive giant lipstick that Midtown has sought for so long.

Concur. That makes midtown the pig, yes?

Just not sure this part of midtown could support it. The area around there is still kind of a no-man's land...

Don't see why not. It looks to have structured parking and is next to the spur. Its right next to a rail stop. Maybe it would start a midtown trend for office buildings and we'd have a string of buildings connecting the DT and TMC skylines.

Midtown doesn't really have a lot of talls, if BG Group Place on Main Street was 1 Million Square Feet and this is a bit bigger, it would probably be around the same height or greater than BG Group Place. I'm all for this, I like to see talls go

Yeah.. looks to be in the 45-55 range.

• The title was changed to Proposed Midtown Project

Archived