South Main Baptist Church At 4100 South Main St.

dbigtex56

90% chance it's a Starbucks or CVS Pharmacy.

According to Starbucks, they were scouting for a second location in Midtown a few months ago, probably further south of the existing West Gray/Midtown store. These plans were scrapped because it was deemed to close to the existing Midtown store but who knows maybe they changed their minds.

I tried to cut through there the other day to see what was going on. I ended up having to cut through S. Main Baptist parking lot to get over to the feeder because Truxillo, Travis and Isabella were all blocked off. I couldn't tell what they're doing.

They've also torn down a multi-story building at (say) Fannin and Holman. Both locations are easy walking distance from HCC.

Good for HCC Central!! It perplexes me to no end why we don't have more commercial investment in the surrounding areas of our schools inside the loop (Rice being a glorious exception). This really is standard fare for any major school because students NEED STUFF in between classes! We need to have a Starbucks, Target, couple of restaurants all surrounding HCC. Fiesta and Subway alone aren't cutting it.

And of course the same goes for UofH.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to South Main Baptist Church At 4100 South Main St.