Copper

sifuwong

Anyone sell copper lately? How much is it worth? I have several copper cables and want to get rid of it. Also, what other scrap metal places around town are buying copper?

Last I heard, copper is very desirable. You may have heard the news reports of reprobates who steal copper coils from churches' HACV systems for crack money.

Also, I have a friend who regularly attends auctions sponsored by a local charity. People are buying non-functioning electrical appliances in bulk sheerly for their power cords - the carcass is then discarded, and the copper stripped and sold. It must be fairly valuable for people to go through that sort of effort.

Last I heard, copper is very desirable. You may have heard the news reports of reprobates who steal copper coils from churches' HACV systems for crack money.

Also, I have a friend who regularly attends auctions sponsored by a local charity. People are buying non-functioning electrical appliances in bulk sheerly for their power cords - the carcass is then discarded, and the copper stripped and sold. It must be fairly valuable for people to go through that sort of effort.

Our neighbor, before he died, would do stuff like that. He made a fair amount of money taking old window frames apart for the aluminum, electric motors for the brushes, etc. He said it gave him something to do with his time. He was in his 80's

• 1 month later...

Last I heard a few weeks ago #2 copper was around $3.15/lb, give or take, and it's usually 10¢ more per pound for #1

If you can get lots of it, it's quite profitable, I've sold about two-hundred pounds in the past 6 month from old discarded transformers, copper pipe, and old low gauge copper wire.

Prices on metals have been going up a bit lately.

Last I heard a few weeks ago #2 copper was around $3.15/lb, give or take, and it's usually 10¢ more per pound for #1

If you can get lots of it, it's quite profitable, I've sold about two-hundred pounds in the past 6 month from old discarded transformers, copper pipe, and old low gauge copper wire.

Prices on metals have been going up a bit lately.

Are you one of those that are hitting up cell towers? :(

As far as metals go, I deal with mostly silver. Used to do gold, but it's just gotten too expensive to get ahold of. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Are you one of those that are hitting up cell towers? :(

As far as metals go, I deal with mostly silver. Used to do gold, but it's just gotten too expensive to get ahold of. :(

Not yet... but if it the sale price keeps going up I can't make any promises... I'm getting really greedy.

And as of last Friday the sale price at the location I sold my scrap was buying #1 copper @ $3.40 and #2 @ $3.20.

I wish that copper were gold... it astounds me how much gold is worth now, and also scares me at the plummeting value of the dollar.

I'm all stocked up on silver and made a killing.my price avg is about 15 bucks an once.

I'm not going to buy anymore on the off chance that the buck is going to recover.

Find start switching to stocks, though.

So what are some silver or copper or gold stocks? Do you buy the certificates or the actual metal.

I buy the actual metal.

My friends tease me cuz I almost act like Gollum around it and giggle when I see the new prices.

Archived