Skylane Apartments

matty1979

I have always wondered if all the old Skylane Apartments were once owned by the same people. Also, were they ever nice? I grew up near the complex at Beltway 8 and I-10. They are really scary...why are they still there. Seems to me that they would attract people that were toatal scum.

Also what was in front of that complex. I seem to remember Town&Country Bazzar. The building stood empty for years. I think its right on the fault line.

Maybe thats why Igloo moved out west.

Any thoughts?

I have always wondered if all the old Skylane Apartments were once owned by the same people. Also, were they ever nice? I grew up near the complex at Beltway 8 and I-10. They are really scary...why are they still there. Seems to me that they would attract people that were toatal scum.

Also what was in front of that complex. I seem to remember Town&Country Bazzar. The building stood empty for years. I think its right on the fault line.

Maybe thats why Igloo moved out west.

Any thoughts?

I worked at Sakowitz in the late 60s and those apartments were scary then. I knew someone who lived there, but she wouldn't let anyone come over to visit her.

The store that was in front of them was Sage. It was similar to Globe.

This may show my age but I have no clue what Globe is or was. I can remember there was a Dennys in that same area. It was closed by the mid 80's I think.

Sage and Globe were sort of like Walmart and Target. They had groceries and also other items. Here is a discussion about both:

There was also a Denny's nearby. I think it was right on the corner of West Belt and I-10.

post-9385-0-94224000-1299120601_thumb.jppost-9385-0-12723700-1299120582_thumb.jp

Sage and Globe were sort of like Walmart and Target. They had groceries and also other items. Here is a discussion about both:

There was also a Denny's nearby. I think it was right on the corner of West Belt and I-10.

I know these are small but you can kind of make out the old Dennys sign

Were the Skylane Apts. the huge complex that sits to the south of where the Sage store was?

I remember Sage for their toy dept., school supplies, pet store, and record dept. Wasn't a large chain-type, reminded me of a mom-and-pop type of place. But they did have more than one store. Had a neat second story grill in the I-45 store, never got to go up.

The fault-line does affect that area, from the ground water removal. Very visible in some neighborhoods in that area.

Archived