Rebuilding Front Porch Columns

So does anyone have a good source for having Columns repaired/replaced. My front porch columns are looking pretty rough. They have the brick lowers and decorative wood uppers, pretty standard Craftsman Bungalow look. The brick has lots of cracks and has been painted several times, I'm looking for someone who can rebuild my brick columns with new bricks (or antique) and rework my existing upper columns (decorative column around a 6x6)

so here is what i'm replacing:

4 brick columns (two have upper columns to support porch roof)

and reworking with the two existing upper columns.

any references?

I have been admiring two huge remodels in progress on my street. This is the group that's been building them:

http://www.lucascraftsmanship.com

They rebuilt a bungalow on the 1000 block of Highland, including porch columns like you described, and it is just gorgeous.

I don't know if they do "little" jobs or how pricey they are, but it might be worth contacting them. I haven't worked with them myself, but based on what I see when I walk to and from the bus, they are very professional.

So does anyone have a good source for having Columns repaired/replaced. My front porch columns are looking pretty rough. They have the brick lowers and decorative wood uppers, pretty standard Craftsman Bungalow look. The brick has lots of cracks and has been painted several times, I'm looking for someone who can rebuild my brick columns with new bricks (or antique) and rework my existing upper columns (decorative column around a 6x6)

any references?

Call Daniel Matta. He is a retired foreman from a masonry construction company located in the Heights. Plus he was a Heights resident (so he is familiar with the styles) and still lives near the area. His phone number is 713-922-2017. He will be happy to take a look at the project and will do so at no cost. He has done several renovation/remodel projects for me in the past and this is right up his alley.

any references?

Can't go wrong with Bungalow Revival. They've done a ton or incredible restoration work in the Heights, from full renovations, to smaller, period projects.

www.bungalowrevival.com

They've won numerous awards for their restoration work, and I know they also do smaller projects such as yours.

Archived