Home At 531 Cascade St.

NenaE

http://search.har.com/engine/531-Cascade-St-Bellaire-TX-77401_HAR31643896.htm

Not what I would expect to see in Bellaire, among all the low, stretched out cedar-shaked Ranches...

Very bizarre, I call it English-Medieval...

Probably a Tuscan Villa is soon to arrive.

I kinda like it. It's different. It beats all the lame stucco homes lining the streets out there.

Is it just me or does the house not seem to exist in the 1957/1964/1973 historicaerials.com imagery? No access to Google Earth at the moment..

Google Earth shows it as a field or farmland in 1944. It appears to be a construction site in 1953, and something possibly resembling this house in 1978 but it's very grainy.

• 5 years later...

The house that used to be at 531 Cascade was moved there from The Heights in the late 1970s by my sister and her husband who lived there until the 2000s when they sold it and moved to San Antonio. I have been trying to find out what happened to this darling home which started the current turret craze (that became TOO MUCH!). It used to be highlighted on home tours and in the papers. A massive live oak stood out front and the backyard was shaded. Because the house was small (but truly charming on the inside as well), they built an apartment over the garage which added a bathroom, sleeping for guests, and it's where they watched TV. I no longer live in Houston and I dare not bring this matter up with my sister and brother-in-law whose health is failing.

• The title was changed to 531 Cascade St.
  • The title was changed to Home At 531 Cascade St.

Archived