Home At 4603 Ivanhoe St.

bryan75

Nice design, I've never heard of Allen R. Williams before, but I like his work. The over-all angles, use of the three stairs to a next level, and the carport under the upper level are features I love to see. At least it looks like they tried to keep it somewhat period-style, with the furnishings. I've seen much worse, before. Just good to see it still there, in reference to the area, Galleria and all.

It has a lot of updates inside, but it looks nice and I really like the style of the original structure. But as much as I like openness, this has so much hard surface I suspect it will be like an echo chamber inside. And those wood floors look nice, but are absolutely impossible to keep clean. You can tell just looking at the kitchen table shot - the floor is covered in footprints. I also would have diverted some of the money towards cleaning/fixing/painting the exterior siding (like the cracks evident in the rear exterior corner). Regardless, it looks like a nice update overall.

Saw It today and wow it has class and a great feel. The angles of this place defy description and it's certainly one helluva party house. The updates are pretty good - indeed not all purist MCM but sympathetic nevertheless. I'm no structural engineer but this place felt like it hadn't moved an inch and I saw no obvious damage. The agent said something about some damage to the travertine however, which might explain the wood floor. The second level has the most beautiful floor (pine??) I think I've ever seen. Unfortunately beyond my budget... for now :-(

• The title was changed to Home At 4603 Ivanhoe St.