Sign in to follow this  
houstonray

A NEW Kroger on Studemont?

Just saw an article online that Kroger purchased the property at 1400 Studemont, by Arne's. It borders Summer Street to the South. Anyone have more details?

Wish HEB had purchased it for a "Heights Market".....

Ugh. Another Kroger.

I wish HEB would get their act together and build something decent in/near the Heights. I'm tired of driving to Bunker Hill or Buffalo Speedway to find a decent grocery store.

Ugh. Another Kroger.

I wish HEB would get their act together and build something decent in/near the Heights. I'm tired of driving to Bunker Hill or Buffalo Speedway to find a decent grocery store.

I totally agree. Come on HEB!

Ugh. Another Kroger.

Agreed here as well. I would like an HEB because their store brand stuff is way better than Kroger and their meat is usually better as well. However, I would really be fine with no more supermarkets in the area. 11th St Kroger is huge, they have a neglected one on 20th to deal with. HEB could do something great with their location on TC Jester/Ella. Plus we have 2 good Fiestas and the Target on Sawyer is super-expanding their food lines. How much more food can the Heights possibly buy?

Agreed here as well. I would like an HEB because their store brand stuff is way better than Kroger and their meat is usually better as well. However, I would really be fine with no more supermarkets in the area. 11th St Kroger is huge, they have a neglected one on 20th to deal with. HEB could do something great with their location on TC Jester/Ella. Plus we have 2 good Fiestas and the Target on Sawyer is super-expanding their food lines. How much more food can the Heights possibly buy?

That's the thing. Between 11th St Kroger, a possibly remodeled 20th St Kroger, Studemont Kroger, WF on Waugh and Walmart, HEB may feel like there's no good reason for them to expand into the area.

The little Timbergrove HEB is probably too small to justify a big remodel.

That's the thing. Between 11th St Kroger, a possibly remodeled 20th St Kroger, Studemont Kroger, WF on Waugh and Walmart, HEB may feel like there's no good reason for them to expand into the area.

The little Timbergrove HEB is probably too small to justify a big remodel.

Yeah, I'm sure they look and see an already saturated market. However, I would bet a large percentage of people would stop shopping at any of the assorted Krogers if there was an HEB. I know many who already drive out to Bunker Hill as it is.

But again, I am just fine with the number of markets currently in the Heights area...