Chad Holley video released by ABC-13

sevfiv

ABC13 Eyewitness News has received a copy of the actual video showing Chad Holley beaten by Houston police. The video, captured by a security camera on March 24 in southwest Houston, shows Holley on the ground being kicked and punched by officers. Officers were originally rushed to the area after a burglary call. Holley was tried and convicted of the actual burglary crime.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/feature?section=news/local&id=7935895

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/13_undercover&id=7936228

I was in the jury pool for the burglary charge ( me and 70 other potentials) this wasn't for the abuse charge concerning the police--but we were asked if we had read or heard about the news report of this video--

the amazing thing about this "voir dire" the prosecution took about 20 minutes for their part of the voir dire then defense counsel stood up and with WITHOUT BENEFIT OF NOTES spoke to each potential juror by name (called them each by name) and recalled a bit of info the prosecutor had found out---he had memorized 44 names in the 20 minutes the prosecutor had been questioning potential jurors--I had never seen anything like it.

That's sickening video. Uncalled for. I respect the fact that cops have a tough job and can face potentially life-threatening situations at any time, but this was not one of them.

This is not far removed from the Rodney King beating from the early 90's.

This kid, regardless of what he did up to the point of his arrest, was lying on the ground face down as the cops arrived. They immediately started kicking him in the face, neck, ribs, punching him in the ribs/stomach and stomping his ankles, for several minutes...with no resistance from the kid.

I hope each one of the cops that participated in this is sent to prison for aggravated assault. No plea bargains, no probation.

Oh wait, yes I can. Some are still active criminal cases.

R. Hassan:

File Date 6/23/2010

Case (Cause) Status Active - CRIMINAL

Offense CIVIL RIGHTS VIOL - PERS IN CU

Last Instrument Filed Misdemeanor Indictment

Bond Amount $1,000.00

File Date 6/23/2010

Offense OFFICIAL OPPRESSION-MISD

Bond Amount $1,000.00

A. Blomberg:

File Date 6/23/2010

Case (Cause) Status Complete

Last Instrument Filed No Bill

Case Disposition NOB -062310

Case Completion Date 6/23/2010

Defendant Status DISPOSED

File Date 6/23/2010

Bond Amount $1,000.00

D. Ryser:

File Date 6/23/2010

Case (Cause) Status Complete

Last Instrument Filed No Bill

Case Disposition NOB -062310

Case Completion Date 6/23/2010

Defendant Status DISPOSED

File Date 6/23/2010

Bond Amount $1,000.00

P. Bryan:

File Date 6/23/2010

Bond Amount $1,000.00

File Date 6/23/2010

Bond Amount $1,000.00

Besides the beating, did anyone catch their wreckless driving? In the beginning of the video, you can see one officer jump out of his car while it is still in gear to run after Holley. Then you see the driverless cop car still rolling down the street with the driver's door open. It finally came to a stop after broadsiding another cop car that happened to be in front of it.

It's cops like that who give the profession a bad name. Catching a criminal does not give cops an excuse to power trip and behave like thugs with badges. I feel sorry for all of the honest, ethical cops on our streets putting their lives on the line who are having their reputations tarnished because of those four savage, mall cop reject douchebags.

Blomberg retained Dick DeGuerin and claims he was only folding the guy's hands behind his back, but the video is too low resolution to tell if that is true. There are 4 definite kickers, 1 that could go either way, and 1 who shoved them all off before running off to perhaps look for another suspect. As soon as he left they went back to kicking.

I would like to know who the officer is who pushed them off, and I hope he got commended, or at least didn't get punished.

Also, who is the clown in denim who comes up and pokes the suspect with his foot and then lays hands on him?

I'm perplexed by Mayor Parker's response.

If you mean her comment about sueing whomever turned over the tape to the media, well it's only perplexing to me if I don't simply accept what I heard; that she's more concerned with protecting HPD's reputation than letting the people keep proper tabs on things. Our brains work best when we process exactly what we see and hear, not filter it with preconceived notions.

This video is just a stroke of luck. It makes me wonder how many similar incidents are never seen. We can't logically imagine that this was a singular event that just happened to be captured randomly on tape. What are the odds of that?

Archived