Klein Highschool Number 5

slash

I spoke with someone tonight that said Klein ISD is in major financial trouble and the land for HS #5 is up for sale. Can anyone verify this?

Also, it was mentioned that KISD teachers have been asked for suggestions as to how to deal with the financial situation...this seemed a little odd to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke with someone tonight that said Klein ISD is in major financial trouble and the land for HS #5 is up for sale. Can anyone verify this?

Also, it was mentioned that KISD teachers have been asked for suggestions as to how to deal with the financial situation...this seemed a little odd to me.

From the Budget Information FAQ on KISD website:

23. Q. What does the deficit mean for the construction of High School #5?

A. Nothing at this time. High School #5 is currently scheduled to open in 2019.

I haven't heard anything like that at all. I got the Klein newsletter in the mail this weekend and there were 2 pages of information about budget cuts and nothing was mentioned about selling any land. They saw this coming and have been preparing for it for quite some time. Also, I can tell you that there is nothing on the land itself that indicates that it is up for sale.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Klein Highschool Number 5