Bar Munich At 2616 Louisiana St.

DrLan34

Bar Munich is going in next to Ruby Tequilas and should be opening in mid-Febrauary 2011.

The slogan says something like "celebrating oktoberfest everyday"... Anyways, the sign on the door says "Wunder Bar" but a much newer (more official sign) says Bar Munich...

http://www.facebook.com/barmunich

http://barmunich.com/

http://houston.backp...arbacks/9793312

macht schnell!

ok, so I don't have many chances to use my only German.

This sounds like one of those places where someone decided what sort of skimpy waitress outfit they wanted to use and built the theme around that.

We are simple creatures. Kudos to anyone who takes advantage of it!

• Like 1

You want a big stein so it'd be: Ein groß Bier bitte

;)

very good catch!

I am really really hoping that their idea of a Bavarian lager is not bud light, and a good heffeweissen is not blue moon.

I envision something like petrol station, but for Bavarian and German style brews, rather than the IPA fest of petrol. Oh yeah, and waitresses in skimpy German costume.... a boy can dream right?

macht schnell!

ok, so I don't have many chances to use my only German.

This sounds like one of those places where someone decided what sort of skimpy waitress outfit they wanted to use and built the theme around that.

Bingo. And this is also why it will fail.

• 3 weeks later...

just to spur some interest in anticipation of opening... i found some great photos of Munich on flickr http://forum.skyscra...ad.php?t=188347

good idea.

I've been to munich 3 times, once when I was 10, didn't enjoy it so much, once 2007, and then again last christmas.

here's some pics from the 2007 trip..

http://www.samagon0.com/euro_07/Munich/index.html

I didn't enjoy it when I was 10.

I enjoyed the hell out of the place both times, and I'm going back this September for Oktoberfest.

There really is A LOT to do there. Whether you are a beer drinker, architect fan, car fan, history buff, art fan, they have it all. And they have a HUGE Christmas market, if you can bear the cold weather and go in December (was close to 0 F when I was there).

Anyway, all of that and when you order beer they bring it to you by the liter. Awesome place.

I don't see how this bar will live up to its namesake.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

good idea.

I've been to munich 3 times, once when I was 10, didn't enjoy it so much, once 2007, and then again last christmas.

here's some pics from the 2007 trip..

http://www.samagon0....nich/index.html

I didn't enjoy it when I was 10.

I enjoyed the hell out of the place both times, and I'm going back this September for Oktoberfest.

There really is A LOT to do there. Whether you are a beer drinker, architect fan, car fan, history buff, art fan, they have it all. And they have a HUGE Christmas market, if you can bear the cold weather and go in December (was close to 0 F when I was there).

Anyway, all of that and when you order beer they bring it to you by the liter. Awesome place.

I don't see how this bar will live up to its namesake.

Checked it out yesterday... looks like a chill place with some dark wood tables and chairs where you can sit and enjoy a beer. Doesn't seem like a bar where you have to yell to talk to the person next to you.

I have the inside scoop! My sisters German band is playing their grand opening, it will be April 9. They will have hoffbrau beer on tap. They're starting it off right! Oh yeah, and a full bar, so more than just beer on tap.

Edited by samagon

I have the inside scoop! My sisters German band is playing their grand opening, it will be April 9. They will have hoffbrau beer on tap. They're starting it off right! Oh yeah, and a full bar, so more than just beer on tap.

Interesting.

Would have preferred they had something that isn't considered the Bud Light of Bavaria on tap, but I guess it's a start. I'll have to check it out.

Looking at the pictures of the outside, it looks like it'd fit in more in Berlin over München. It has that Bauhaus look to it.

Edited by Hartmann

Interesting.

Would have preferred they had something that isn't considered the Bud Light of Bavaria on tap, but I guess it's a start. I'll have to check it out.

Looking at the pictures of the outside, it looks like it'd fit in more in Berlin over München. It has that Bauhaus look to it.

Personally, I put the HB dunkel (from the tap) pretty high on my list of most enjoyed beers.

I'm sure they'll have more on tap than just HB.

and as long as they have some blue/white Bavarian flags hanging around (much more pleasing to look at than black/yellow Munich flag), they'll be set.

not sure what time doors open, but the band starts at 7.

Edited by samagon

Personally, I put the HB dunkel (from the tap) pretty high on my list of most enjoyed beers.

I'm sure they'll have more on tap than just HB.

and as long as they have some blue/white Bavarian flags hanging around (much more pleasing to look at than black/yellow Munich flag), they'll be set.

not sure what time doors open, but the band starts at 7.

great to see that they will be bringing in some live music... unfortunately i will be out of the country at that time.

Will the band be set up outside or inside?

I went Saturday night before going to our regular spots. It was pretty good, the crowd was pretty good too, not too many people, not too few. They did say that they are still working on a menu (German Food) that will be coming soon.

They have five or six german beers on tap. Two of them were pretty good, one was a wheaty thicker version and the other was considered a lite version. You can also get any draft beer in a 32 ounce glass mug (lol). mmmm

Edited by Daniepwils
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Bar Munich At 2616 Louisiana St.