Affordable Housing Projects Planned For 77070

mrfootball

The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs has received a pre-application for Housing Tax Credits for the Emerald Gardens Development proposed to be located at 8 +/- acres North line FM 1960 of Jones Rd., Houston.

For additional information, visit the Housing Tax Credits Web page at http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/multifamily/htc/

and...

The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs has received a pre-application for Housing Tax Credits for the Silverado Meadows Development proposed to be located at 10 acres North line FM 1960, E of Jones Rd., Houston.

For additional information, visit the Housing Tax Credits Web page at http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/multifamily/htc/

If you don't want Low-Income Subsidized housing dragging down your home values, increasing area crime and overcrowding your already overcrowded schools, then get organized and oppose these new projects. I suggest you contact your local HOA's as soon as possible as well as your Congressman, Senator and CFISD officials.

There are plenty of affordable housing options for people throughout the Houston area. So many, that we're now attracting low-income government dependents from other parts of the country. We have too many of these developments as-is and they're dragging down the schools, neighborhoods and placing a strain on the resources of those who work hard to pay their own way. CFISD is already strained beyond belief with its own budget crisis and further cuts looming.

If anyone in the Cypress Creek Zone wishes to oppose these housing projects, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand in the opposition. Over the past several years I've helped defeat several of these proposed projects in/around NW Harris County.

• 2 weeks later...

they can't come near my area as they said we don't have enough services for them to survive....lol....the one I actually jumped up for joy for not having a grocery store...

those developments will get the green light if a bus line is nearby, roads, adequate retail and little community backlash....they're not coming into the Loop and areas with old apartments don;t want them so these ripe suburban areas with no zoning are the perfect area

• The title was changed to Affordable Housing Projects Planned For 77070

Archived