Sign in to follow this  
1stWardDude

Centerpoint poll work

So centerpoint is doing poll maintenance in the heights and first ward. This includes digging down around the poll. The polls are in the right away, but the property is well manicured and maintained by a group of townhome residents - the polls are right in front of the houses. I understand the grass will need to be torn up, but they put it back completely uneven and leave dirt all over the sidewalk and street. It's a complete mess. It's almost as bad was when the public works dept messes with anything. So now, the homeowners (through the HOA) must pay to have the landscapers correct it. This kinda stuff absolutely infuriates me. Anyone else have this issue? I would call and complain, but even if they do come out - it'll be a half arse fix.

So centerpoint is doing poll maintenance in the heights and first ward. This includes digging down around the poll. The polls are in the right away, but the property is well manicured and maintained by a group of townhome residents - the polls are right in front of the houses. I understand the grass will need to be torn up, but they put it back completely uneven and leave dirt all over the sidewalk and street. It's a complete mess. It's almost as bad was when the public works dept messes with anything. So now, the homeowners (through the HOA) must pay to have the landscapers correct it. This kinda stuff absolutely infuriates me. Anyone else have this issue? I would call and complain, but even if they do come out - it'll be a half arse fix.

Maybe you should take a pole.

They always do whatever I ask. Tighten sagging lines, cut limbs, etc. But, then again, I'm nice to them. I talk to them, joke around, make them feel equal to me. I do the same with the city employees and phone and cable guys, too. One time, the garbage collector actually got out of his truck and knocked on my door to warn me that my trash was overstuffed and could cause them to skip me. I'm amazed at how much extra stuff I get from all of these workers. I guess it's the old saying, "You get more bees with honey than vinegar."

They always do whatever I ask. Tighten sagging lines, cut limbs, etc. But, then again, I'm nice to them. I talk to them, joke around, make them feel equal to me. I do the same with the city employees and phone and cable guys, too. One time, the garbage collector actually got out of his truck and knocked on my door to warn me that my trash was overstuffed and could cause them to skip me. I'm amazed at how much extra stuff I get from all of these workers. I guess it's the old saying, "You get more bees with honey than vinegar."

Well I'm at work when they are here during the day. Do I need to take vacation days to stay home and kiss their arse for them to do a competent job?

Your insinuation that I was pissing vinegar on them isn’t accurate, but thanks for the assumption.

Well I'm at work when they are here during the day. Do I need to take vacation days to stay home and kiss their arse for them to do a competent job?

Your insinuation that I was pissing vinegar on them isn’t accurate, but thanks for the assumption.

He might get a better response on HAIF if he applied his CenterPoint practices to the internet.

• Like 2

Geeez Red, don't you see the contradiction in your post?

Did you ask Centerpoint directly if they have plans to mitigate the damage?

They (well, their subcontractors, who my husband nicknamed "team mayhem") re-worked the gas line in front of our place in December, and tore the crap out of the public right of way between our sidewalk and the street. By the time Lights in the Heights rolled around, they had managed to at least put sand on top of the mud.

Lo and behold, two weeks ago, Team Mayhem came back around and replaced the sod. It's not great, but at least it's grass and not sand.

He might get a better response on HAIF if he applied his CenterPoint practices to the internet.

Not sure what response you think I was looking for. I was just responding to the poster's question. It was right there in the first post.

Here, let me quote it for you...

Anyone else have this issue?

And, it's true. If you ever pick up my garbage, you'll see how appreciative I am.

• Like 1